Another Teller horror story!

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
OK... I've noticed several story's regarding just how bad everyones tellers are so I figure I'll add my story to the mix. Today in my travels I go into a bank that I don't have a account at and ask politely if they have any halves they can get rid of. The teller in question (a young man all of 22 or 23 years old) replies "I believe we have some in the coin counter. Would you like those?". Well yes I would! He goes on to say there is only $67 worth and he'll run them through again to make sure. First try comes back $68.50, second try comes back at $67.75 (that one made me laugh!) and on the third try through the counter he gets $67 and says "good enough". I agree and we complete the transaction. Now here's the part that you'll see the horror in... He's looked at these thing for 15 minutes and ran them through the coin counter 3 times, you'd think no silver... You'd be wrong. The find...

2 Ben's and 14 40% Kennedy's

Not the greatest day, but I gotta say I've got some of the greatest tellers. Donuts for everyone in the morning! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
capy325 said:
He's looked at these thing for 15 minutes and ran them through the coin counter 3 times, you'd think no silver... You'd be wrong. The find...
2 Ben's and 14 40% Kennedy's

I once picked up about $80 from a machine and they ran it through like in your case. But in mine the machine actually spit out some 90%ers in the reject tray (Kennedys)! The teller looked at them, then brought them over and just threw them in the bag with the rest that the machine did not kick out (which had a good amount of 40%ers).

Some tellers just don't know. That's good for us.

Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Good score WTG! Your hunt paid off. I used to think donuts were the right thing to do, but hindsight says that we might be unknowingly educating tellers. ffd

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
LOL! I saw the title to this one and said to myself, "here we go again!" Glad to hear a good story for once. It's nice to know that I am not the only one with good tellers. Congrats on the finds.

cmhoose

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
capy325 said:
Not the greatest day, but I gotta say I've got some of the greatest tellers. Donuts for everyone in the morning! :thumbsup:

Hold on! Thats a nice score & all. But donuts are not in order here, a Dozen donuts will eat all your gains practically.

A simple thank you should be enough for that amount. Just sayin...

Mojo

OP
OP
C

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
coinmojo said:
capy325 said:

Hold on! Thats a nice score & all. But donuts are not in order here, a Dozen donuts will eat all your gains practically.

A simple thank you should be enough for that amount. Just sayin...

Mojo
I agree but being in a new town I want to keep this bank as a source bank. That plus the fact I now know it is full of tellers that obviously don't know about or care about silver... Small investment for hopefully future gains.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread