Bro kicks my butt in dimes and finds some mercs!!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
So my brother and I got a bag of dimes from the bank that we split half and half. I got the top half of the bag and he the bottom half. I searched through all of mine last night and only found 1 canadian no silver or anything. I was wondering at this point if the machine at the bank kicked out silver, and then my brother searched through his half today. He found 8 silver dimes in total, 6 roosevelts and two mercury dimes. The dates on the mercs are 1918 S, and 1941. I am very happy for him, but also astonished that he got 8 and I 0 haha. Anyways I guess you would call that a good bag. Are other keepers from the week include 16 wheats, 1 war nickel, lots of foreign coins, and dozens of pre 1960 jefferson's. Happy hunting to you all

-Washingtonian

Attachments

• CRH1.jpg
    CRH1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 373
  • CRH2.jpg
    CRH2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 366
  • CRH3.jpg
    CRH3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Next time you get the bottom. Silver is Heavier and sinks to the Bottom.

I used to play that game with my brother with a glass of pop. I would split it with him and I would take the bottom half. I would drink the whole glass to get to the bottom. Boy was he mad.

Mojo

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work on the Mercs.

That's just mean Mr. Mojo. I doubt the silver sinks to the bottom of the bag, probably not enough weight difference and disturbance for that. It was more likely that the silver was dumped in first.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
coinmojo said:
Next time you get the bottom. Silver is Heavier and sinks to the Bottom.

I used to play that game with my brother with a glass of pop. I would split it with him and I would take the bottom half. I would drink the whole glass to get to the bottom. Boy was he mad.

Mojo
Mojo I have to say, that is funny as (deleted), sounds like something I would've done. ffd

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
When I've done dime and quarter bags I just about always find the silver at the bottom of the bag. I don't think it's the weight because when I do half dollar bags I find them throughout the bag.
Still, I'd take the bottom of the bag.

Nice finds on those dimes :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions