Walk This Way!

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
After taking the month of August off for halves I got back in to the game in good form. I had Saturday off and decided to hit the strip of banks on my bus route that I hadn't hit in a while. They paid off quite well. I hit probably 10 banks in the afternoon - the 3rd bank yielded about 3 halves total - 2 were proofs - a 1980 and a 1981 in great condition. The other one was a damaged 76 - it had an off-center indentation that I'm quite sure was post-mint, as it's an extremely severe indentation, though I can't imagine how it could have been done. The next bank I hit really paid off. I asked the lady at the merchants window for any halves - she had her manager go ask everyone and when she came back she was holding a sandwich bag full of them. She dropped them on the counter to count them and when she did we both heard the sound -she picked up one and said "hey, this is silver, you can tell by the sound!" I however was too distracted by the lone walking liberty staring back at me! I could hardly contain my enthusiasm and she obviously noticed me staring as she pointed and said "Hey, look at that one!" When she gave me the bag I rushed out the door to count the totals - 7 40% and one 1940 Walker - My first one!!!! I kept on taking it out of the bag the rest of the day just to look at it. No other finds at the rest of the banks but I could have walked home happy after that one.

George

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Oh I remember the first walkers and Bens. I could not stop looking at them. I felt like smeegle in Lord of the Rings. I think I even said "my precious a few times" Congrats.

Golden Silver

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Walking Liberty halves, aren't they beautiful? I just bought another roll last week. My favorite. Congrats! ffd

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to believe they are one of America's favorite coins. Why else would they produce silver Eagles in their likeness.

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
Great finds man! :icon_thumright: WTG On the Aerosmith Pun! Thing is I'm the guy with the music puns here, and I had a post a while ago titled the same! ;D Since you're new I'll let it slide. :wink: They're they best band! I saw them in June and CRH paid for it! Well HH!

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Excellent score. :thumbsup:
I still get that feeling when I find a walker or Ben. All day I
will reach into my pocket and take a look and put it back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread