Aug 2, 2009

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Re: CoinStar Finds

The best I have ever found was a 1962 rosie in the reject but I have found quite a bit of clad. Nothing special. I find most of my reject finds in the machines at my dump banks. I have found 4 gold rings several silver medalians and foreign coins. It is always worth the look.

Golden Silver

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Re: CoinStar Finds

I got a silver Canadian dime, and a quarter, and a little over a dollar in regular change. Most coin star machines around here have elderly people sitting besides them, waiting to scoop up the change left behind.
A sad reminder of the predicament the robber barons have put us in.

OP
OP
JJtheRollHunter

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
Thanks Mojo, but the last time it was updated was 8/22. I hope none of you think I'm trying to steal that thread. I've never even seen it before.

Thanks,
JJ

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJtheRollHunter said:
Thanks Mojo, but the last time it was updated was 8/22. I hope none of you think I'm trying to steal that thread. I've never even seen it before.

Thanks,
JJ
8/22 is only a few weeks ago. ::)

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Since I started CHR last Thanksgiving, I have found 8 silver rosies and 2 silver Washington quarters, not to mention a ton of useless foreign coins and some pocket change. The key is to be around the machines to reject silver.

OP
OP
JJtheRollHunter

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
You're lucky. One of my goals in CRHing is to find at least 1 silver quarter. Congrats! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JJtheRollHunter

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
The way I see it, it is a reject and it is unaccounted for. So, therefore it is not really CoinStar's or any other persons property after someone leaves it there.

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
There are no Coinstar in my town. There was one at a store when I was traveling, I found a nickel on the floor in front of it.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
JJtheRollHunter said:

Thanks,
JJ

No problem... Just thought you'd like to see it there are hundreds of finds posted on that thread.

Mojo

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best Coinstar find was a 1945 Merc. :icon_thumleft:

Worst - a Chicklet :tongue3:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm lucky,I know what day the coinstar guy comes and cleans the machine where I work,now he's not allowed to give me any of the odd or bad coins that get stuck under or inside the machine,but he throws them away in the trash can that's by the machine and when he leaves I get the can and go hunting.I usually fine foreign coins,lots and lots of them,but sometimes I find old 1800's to early 1900's usa coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread