Another 40% score 9-8-09

Bigj5731

Aug 26, 2009
Michigan
Today i decided to go back to the bank where i found 9 rolls of 40%silver coins. I figured since it had only been two weeks that they wouldnt have "re-stocked" on halves.(i was talking about going back to this bank all weekend) I called and they told me that the vault lady wont be in until 930, it was only 9 o'clock. being one of the few banks that may have coins in this area i thought whether it was worth it or not to sit and wait for the vault teller to get into work. A half an hour is a lot of time to travel to a lot of banks and get a lot of coin, and having to work at 1 o'clock makes it tough to travel for coin. I decided to to wait, she said they only have 60 dollars worth, but i have to wait another 20 minutes before she will have it ready. Once again i decided i mind as well wait, ill call some other banks to see if i can get some coins on hold. Waiting time was up and I went in to buy them, as she is bringing them out of the vault, I notice that 4 of the rolls are wrapped in very old looking 50 cent wraps, I started to get excited and tried to hold back a smile. She then asked if i was in a few weeks ago to buy all the 50 cent pieces, not know whether or not to answer yes, i told her no i wasnt in. (i didnt know whether to tell her yes or not because i didnt know if she would have sold me the coins, or if she would have gone on into further detail about why I am buying them, which i would have lied and not told her about the silver.) I made the excited walk out of the bank and into my truck.
First roll of coins, no silver
second roll of coins, 19 40%ers
third roll of coin, 1 40%
Fourth, and fifth rolls, all 40%er
6th roll, 4 40% ers

The next set of halves i picked up ($370), cointained almost all of my cousins dump he forgot to tell me about!!!! I went out of my way to get this three hundred and seventy dollars worth only to pick up almost all of my cousins dump!!! I found 3 40%ers within this 370 dollars worth. Wile picking up this family dump, i noticed the teller had a sliver coin within the coins in her tray, before i left with the dump, i asked her if i could buy all the coins in her tray, without hesitation she told me that it would be no problem, so i bout another 6.50 just for the one silver coin. After these two stops i had 68 40% coins.

Figuring i had a little more time before i had to get ready for work i decided to hit one or two more banks. Driving another 10 miles to the bank, got there, they had 250 dollars worth, i saw something here i have never seen before. they had $20.00 rolls of fifty cent pieces. I thought to myself how awesome would that be if these 20 dollar rolls were filled with franklins and libertys!! Of course they were not, within this 250 dollars i ended up finding 4 more 40%ers. Making my total for the day 72 40%ers. Not a bad day.

I also picked up a worthless susan B. anthony dollar coin.

I have the biggist problem finding 90% coins. I can find 40%ers in huge ammount but struggle with 90%ers.

I have dreams about coin roll hunting. is this normal? does anyone else suffer from this? Just about every night i have a dream about finding awesome coins while hunting. i dont know its wierd i was tellin my cousin about this and he said i should post it to see if anyone else has this problem.

-Big

Upvote 0

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
Re: Another 40% score

Most I ever got in a day was 31 40%ers, 4 64 Kennedys, and a 63 Ben. Congrats on the find! :headbang:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Bigj5731 said:
I have dreams about coin roll hunting. is this normal? does anyone else suffer from this? Just about every night i have a dream about finding awesome coins while hunting. i dont know its wierd i was tellin my cousin about this and he said i should post it to see if anyone else has this problem.

-Big

The answer is yes but not often. It's common for objects of obsession to creep into your dreams.

Nice score by the way.

Mojo

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
What a day !! Great score :thumbsup:
I had a dream that I was sitting in a Barber shop when Ben Franklin and and JFK popped in and invited me to a poker game in the back room of one of the local gin mills.
We were playing poker with silver halves and I was on a streak raking in the dough. I wanted to quit while I was ahead, but could not think of an excuse to leave. All of a sudden a woman, in a long flowing dress, that resembled someone who posts here, appeared and invited me to take a walk with her.
So we go for a stroll and stop in front of the Morgan Hotel where she has a room. She invites me up to her room for a Peace, of pie, and a cup of coffee. Then I woke up.

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Yes I dream about finding coins both CHR and with my metal detector. By the way, you find a ridiculous amount of 40's, I hope you realize that. I hope you can keep up your streak. I bet they will slow down, but you believe you will also start getting some more 90's.

Holmes

Sep 7, 2009
Grand Rapids Michigan
Once again Big i am terrible sorry about not telling you where i dumped, i was in a hurry to get the cash i needed to get along ways away to get my pick up b4 they closed. You know i only dump at one place this was a one time deal. Congrats on your find. And let me know if your still interested in the silver bicentennial.

I appoligize for not having my pictures of my finds on here yet, im still working on it and i will post them as soon as i can.

~Holmes~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread