finds of all sorts

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
yesterday was an odd day...after dropping off my coins I stopped at a local bank...picked up $40 in 'old halves.' Go figure they were bicentennials! Then the lady said...a collector dropped these off today, 4 mint rolls of george washington gold dollars. Now I don't know much about gold dollars, but weren't there errors for washington? Are there dated boxes these came from (these rolls have dates on them, stamped from chase)? Anyways any advice on that would be great. I also spied a silver quarter in the tray!! A plain 43 washington to be exact.

I then rolled over to get dimes since my main bank was out of halves. Dang, a hodge podge of customer dimes in a dime box. O well, it turned out to be 5 silver roosies (3 64, 1 63 and a 52) and a 68 silver canadian. There were 3 68s in one roll, weird that one was silver...almost as if someone knew 68s were silver but missed it. Anywho, if I get pics i'll post em. Thanks for reading and happy hunting!

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Good find :thumbsup: Ever notice that there is always a scratch mark (made with an Xacto blade) on non silver 68 canadian dimes ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread