47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's just me

It seems to me there have been some "Comstock Lode" like finds lately posted by some fairly new members. This beginners luck is great, but us seasoned/grissled veterans want to see pics.

We never get tired of Jack/Ben/Liberty or even somebody getting a haircut. I know times are tough but hey, if your knocking down 200-300 silvers per box, like some of you say you are, you can drop a paper Ben and buy a digital camera and satisfy us old guys.

Trust me, I was in your shoes once and have the PMs to prove it.

I will now step down from my soap box.

Road trippin to Viriginia this weekend

Upvote 0

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Re: Maybe it's just me

Almost to many newbies seems like the pressure is on us to step it up, before the viens dry up lol

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Guilty as charged - just posted a new find with no pics...I even wanted to take a photo but gotta charge up the batteries. I do love looking at the photos though!

Maine_JIm

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

This week was the first tme I posted pics of a find in the 10 months I've been CRH. That's only because my daughter happened to be over with her digital camera.
I like looking at the photos that people post,but am just as happy reading the stories.

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250

I agree. When people are recording finds upwards of 500 halves then yeah I'm just drooling to see all of that silver. At that point you could buy a nice digital camera and still be way ahead of the game. Heck 50 40%ers on ebay and you can get a decent one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread