Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
CRH'ing while driving? Ouch... OK, maybe once at a long light...

I pile them in the trunk and mark my list with the stats (bank, take, wrapper type) and do them all at once when I get home.

Great thread. Looking forward to more results!

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do em right when i get out of the bank in the car......dont have enough $$ to buy a whole box let alone hop banks

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Twice, so far have I escaped running into the STOPPED car in front of me by mere inches, or looking at it another way nearly eliminating months of potential CRH profit.

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah said:
Twice, so far have I escaped running into the STOPPED car in front of me by mere inches, or looking at it another way nearly eliminating months of potential CRH profit.

Haha, I have also had some close one crh-ing while driving. Was out with my father one Saturday going from bank to bank and we both were shucking rolls and checking for silver and he started to get scared and asked me to keep my eyes on the road. Its worse than texting while driving. Ok, fixed :tongue3:

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
AGCoinHunter said:
obediah said:

Haha, I have also had some close one crh-ing while driving. Was out with my father one Saturday going from bank to bank and we both were shucking rolls and checking for silver and he started to get scared and asked me to keep my eyes on the road. Its worse than texting while driving.

AGCoinHunter,

Can you please edit your post and remove the texting reference. If you don't I can see a new law banning CRH while driving. I figure the fine will be a solid roll of 90%ers.

HH,
65GT350

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, a lot of you CRH and drive. :o

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
If it's a box I wait till I get home. A few rolls I'll check where I can't be seen. Bags I'll wait till I get home. I have checked rolls while driving a few times. Not often though. Had a few close calls, mostly from the crazy drivers around here. Although I must admit I've made some quick turns upon suddenly spotting a bank. So I guess that makes me a bit of a crazy driver too.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is a roll or loose halves not alot I searched in my car where the teller can not see

DW

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do mostly loose so its easy to search without much trying if its rolls i duck into a dark corner outside the bank with no windows n sit down like im waiting for my ride

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Never say the "S" word in the bank; especially out loud. In fact, never say it to anyone.

You may only post it on this forum. 8)

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol when i saw "s" i thought mintmark it took me a few reads i was like i educated a few tellers on proofs before but it was a clad proof

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even when I hit banks now and then, I've NEVER searched in the car. Try waiting till you get home and letting the anticipation build and build. Few things are that enjoyable.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I do like 4 of those things. I can't pick just one. But I don't rip it open in front of the teller

Golden Silver

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never open rolls or mention silver in the banks, and I try pretty hard not to look at the loosies that I've bought from the trays in the bank. Generally, I put them in one of the bank envelopes, and open all when I get home.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
never ever say the word silver in a bank or near bank tellers *( uh they get the shipments in their hands first) --- and never ever educate a teller (or anyone else for that matter ) about silver or proof coins ( since all you do is make competors in your area --who will go aftere the same silver as you--duh)-- if asked just say I collect em for my collection cuz I think jfk was a cool president and a missing a few that i need--so I sort thru em looking for em. :wink: :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions