Ok! You all talked me into it. I found

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
A few goodies over the last two evenings. I have a 5 gallon glass water bottle that all of my pocket change goes into. I haden't emptied it for a couple of years & it was about two thirds full. I (almost) always give my change at least a good look before I dump it in the jug. I got out my big lighted magnifier & set it up in the den & started inspecting pennies, nickels, dimes & quarters. Half's won't fit into it.
I found as follows:
Wheat Cents: 41-D AU, 44-P, 45-P, 51-D, 52-D, 53-D (2), 54-D, 55-D BU,
Canadian Cents: 50, 56, 58, 64,
Jeff Nickels: 38-D, 40-P, 47-S, 53-S, 54-D, 59-D (3), 60-D (2), 61-D, 62-D (2), 63-P AU (2), & full 2 rolls of 1964.
Foreign: Barbados 95 1 cent, French 1/2 Fr. Silver.

It took four canvas coin bags each 2/3 full to lug it to the bank. Total $980.35. Let me tell you, that's a lot of coins to look at one at a time.
It has been cold, North breeze, fog on & off, light snow topped with three days of freezing rain & a high of 22 degrees. Not good detecting weather.

Guess we all gotta do something to keep from going nuts. I know I am spending too much on coins off of ebay. Oh well. At least I have the money from the change to support the ebay habit. Happy hunting & Merry Christmas to all!
Spotz & Wife ( & family )

Upvote 0

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Your 1938 D nickel is a 'scarce date'!
Got any pictures? You know how we love pictures! :D (sometimes I think we just don't have a good enough imagination :))

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW Spotz!!! That's a lot a coins to go through! :o

Very nice finds!!!

:) Merry Christmas!!! :)

Nana ;)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nana40 said:
WoW Spotz!!! That's a lot a coins to go through!? :o
?

By the time you were most of the way through, bet every one looked like a double die error. ;) At least now you got enough to go and buy a truss after carrying all those bags. ;D

M

mchamby

Hi spotz, you did better than I did. I go through the other halfs change 4 or 5 times a year, I only had about 120.00 this time and only came up with 4 wheaties and 6 nickels in the 40's and 50's. I use to keep the 60's too but decided there were too many. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas. :o :D
Mchamby

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
WOW! Nice job. I can't wait to see what I've got. As soon as I get home and rinse things off... I get them under a magnifying glass! The amount you ended up with was impressive! WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread