Rolling coins

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
You get two little girls ,sit them on the floor and have them go at it! LOL ...keeps them busy forever...then you offer prize to who rolls the most coin! ;)
Seriously I have one of those cheap coin roller deals where you put the tube in and fill....then we mark all of mine with my initials so the bank doesnt give it back to me ......

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
I get coins from a few different banks in town, then return the rejects to another bank. I just rewrap them in the rolls they came in...

Hothgar

Aug 1, 2005
Same here, i get them at several banks, and have 2 banks i dump the coins at.

I re-roll them myself, using the bank roll if able, but if not, i use rolls from one of the banks i get for free =).

Hothgar

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I do what gypsy does, just use one of those plastic tube things and fill it up to the line and then just slip a roll around them and close it. You can get tons of free rolls from the bank, just ask :)

OP
OP
beeper

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California
Sometimes i'll be at the grocery store, and they open a new roll wrapped in clear shrink wrap, wouldn't that be sweet! to buy all coins
that way!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just use a coin tube like the others. There is a bank in my arents hometown that actually has a change machine that counts it for you. I wish all banks had those!

I also use rolls of coins to pay my parents back when they let me borrow money ;) They love me for that, haha

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
bscofield6 , good one! My brothers ex wife was really getting on his nerves, so he paid her $735 in child support with unrolled pennies. He got them from various banks in the area, and put them back into the canvas bags. As if that wasn't enough, he demanded a reciept (state law requires her to give one if asked) He was hoping she would count it, but she didn't.
What ever it was that she was giving him a bad time about was never brought up again.

Paul

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beeper said:
Sometimes i'll be at the grocery store, and they open a new roll wrapped in clear shrink wrap, wouldn't that be sweet! to buy all coins
that way!

I have a roll of 2005 Buffalo Nickles Shrink Wrapped Rolled like that! You can buy coins that way just see what banks have any like that. Ask for them in new quarters and nickles.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread