Did My Bank a Big Favor
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jan 2007
    30 times

Did My Bank a Big Favor

I was at one of my "bag" pick up banks and the vault teller asks me how nice I was feeling. Please don't get the wrong idea, she was alive when Moby Dick was just a minnow(Custer was only a corporal also). It seems one of their employees had brought in 2000 Sacajawea $1 Native Harvest coins. I had heard about the errors and figured I would help them out. My 80 year old father in law is pi$$ed at me now. It was a total waste of time but the bank still loves me. On the way home, we circulated as many of these little jewels as we could afford.
    You should have seen the faces at my dump bank. They were not happy campers but a baker's dozen bagels helped smooth out their feelings. HH and Good Luck, Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    1639 times

Re: Did My Bank a Big Favor

It has only been out since this year. It is a 2009 issue. In addition, it's mintage is quite low with respect to the other golden dollars minted this year. That and it is only a one year design, makes this issue quite collectible.

Jul 2007
    USA
    8 times

I've been known to do such favors myself, like cleaning out the vault of obvious rolled dumps because they can't refuse them.
    Here's one that sounds like how yours came about. This happened to my dump bank. Guy comes in with $2K in rolled president dollars and deposits them, tells the ladies that the mint can't get rid of them so they have them "on sale", orders them with credit card and then pays the CC with check. I told the ladies I would check into it. Sure enough you can buy them for FV from the mint and they will ship them free and if you use a "cashback" CC you could make a little jingle. The next week the guy comes back with another load and they made him run them through the Coin Counter (same one I use) hisself (teller did it the first time). Alot of work for $20 cashback. HH Mark
    Life is a coin, you can spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once.

Charter Member

May 2007
    7 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Careful with those.....i found 19 in a half dollar bag not long ago.....
    CRH Totals
    90%: 24
    40%: 138
    War Nickels: 3
    Silver Dimes: 15

us
    Aug 2009
    ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
    18 times

Quote Originally Posted by alpha105
    Careful with those.....i found 19 in a half dollar bag not long ago.....
    So you made $9.50 on the deal? Thats not too bad. Know it sucks when you dont get the halfs but hell, they are giving you free money with the dollars in a half roll...
    There is no silver left around here...

Jun 2008
    Omaha NE
    F70 / ACE 250

Last month I found 2 rolls of the dollar coins in place of halves in my box. That was a quick $30. The box was even mishapen because of it, somebody at loomis wasn't paying attention.

us
    Aug 2009
    ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
    18 times

Quote Originally Posted by packfan_1982
    Last month I found 2 rolls of the dollar coins in place of halves in my box. That was a quick $30. The box was even mishapen because of it, somebody at loomis wasn't paying attention.
    Makes up for all that money that the coin machines cheat us out of. I swear sometimes I feel like it doesnt count nearly what I put into it....
    There is no silver left around here...

Sponsored Links