Did My Bank a Big Favor

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at one of my "bag" pick up banks and the vault teller asks me how nice I was feeling. Please don't get the wrong idea, she was alive when Moby Dick was just a minnow(Custer was only a corporal also). It seems one of their employees had brought in 2000 Sacajawea $1 Native Harvest coins. I had heard about the errors and figured I would help them out. My 80 year old father in law is pi$$ed at me now. It was a total waste of time but the bank still loves me. On the way home, we circulated as many of these little jewels as we could afford.
You should have seen the faces at my dump bank. They were not happy campers but a baker's dozen bagels helped smooth out their feelings. HH and Good Luck, Jim

Attachments

• 3_4_coin_back.jpg
    3_4_coin_back.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
It has only been out since this year. It is a 2009 issue. In addition, it's mintage is quite low with respect to the other golden dollars minted this year. That and it is only a one year design, makes this issue quite collectible.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I've been known to do such favors myself, like cleaning out the vault of obvious rolled dumps because they can't refuse them.
Here's one that sounds like how yours came about. This happened to my dump bank. Guy comes in with $2K in rolled president dollars and deposits them, tells the ladies that the mint can't get rid of them so they have them "on sale", orders them with credit card and then pays the CC with check. I told the ladies I would check into it. Sure enough you can buy them for FV from the mint and they will ship them free and if you use a "cashback" CC you could make a little jingle. The next week the guy comes back with another load and they made him run them through the Coin Counter (same one I use) hisself (teller did it the first time). Alot of work for $20 cashback. HH Mark

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful with those.....i found 19 in a half dollar bag not long ago.....

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alpha105 said:
Careful with those.....i found 19 in a half dollar bag not long ago.....

So you made $9.50 on the deal? Thats not too bad. Know it sucks when you dont get the halfs but hell, they are giving you free money with the dollars in a half roll...

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Last month I found 2 rolls of the dollar coins in place of halves in my box. That was a quick $30. The box was even mishapen because of it, somebody at loomis wasn't paying attention.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packfan_1982 said:
Last month I found 2 rolls of the dollar coins in place of halves in my box. That was a quick $30. The box was even mishapen because of it, somebody at loomis wasn't paying attention.

Makes up for all that money that the coin machines cheat us out of. I swear sometimes I feel like it doesnt count nearly what I put into it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread