Brand new to this and first find.

smoke63b

Sep 17, 2009
Just found out about this. Never even new this kind of thing existed or even really thought about it until a kind soul from another forum filled me in. I searched through about 15 dollars worth of change from my wife's change box for her college organization's bake sale and found a 1937 quarter. I was pretty excited just finding that. I'm going to start going to the banks tomorrow!
Cool site here. Plan to read a bunch!
010-1.jpg

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. Nice find.

OP
OP
S

smoke63b

Sep 17, 2009
Yeah it's addicting already. For me it feels the same as when I was a kid and used to buy packs of baseball cards for a quarter or 50 cents and get a rare or valuable card. Very exciting. I'm sure going to the bank and picking up a more significant amount of change to sort through will be akin to those rare times I got a full box of cards to open! Lots of fun so far.
Thanks.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smoke63b said:
Yeah it's addicting already. For me it feels the same as when I was a kid and used to buy packs of baseball cards for a quarter or 50 cents and get a rare or valuable card. Very exciting. I'm sure going to the bank and picking up a more significant amount of change to sort through will be akin to those rare times I got a full box of cards to open! Lots of fun so far.
Thanks.

If you have a significant other, you might want to warn them of your new addiction. Mine tolerates it but definately gets annoyed I spend each evening searching through coins.

OP
OP
S

smoke63b

Sep 17, 2009
Yeah my wife was a little weirded out at first. When I explained to her how inexpensive it was as a hobby she was ok with it considering most of my hobbies cost a LOT more lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread