UNOPENED ROLLS OF 2009D Professional Life!

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
On my way to work each day I've been passing by a goodwill store and have intended to stop in for a while. Today I gave myself some extra time (About 5 minutes, so I was rushing) to pop in and see if anything caught my eye (I like to find crazy, unique clothes). I walked in and found a jacket that I was hoping to find for an art project and decided to purchase it. The total came out to 12.99 and when the teller handed me the penny back I happened to glance down at it - 2009D Professional life! It was the first one that I've found and of course asked the teller if there were any more of those - "Yeah, we've got a whole bunch. Dunbar has been bringing them in to us." I asked if I could purchase all they had. At first they were a little hesitant because they always run out of pennies. Fortunately I had been doing my penny hunting on downtime during this session and had a whole box of unopened pennies at the studio. I told them I would go get some rolls of my own and trade them roll for roll - they agreed. I ran back to the studio and picked up a handfull of rolls and gave them over. The manager went in to the back and came out with - yep! FULL UNOPENED DUNBAR ROLLS OF 2009D PROFESSIONAL LIFE!!!! wish I could say that I played it cool, but frankly I was freaking out and still am.

My first thought was to put them on ebay, but I want to offer them to the community first - right now I have 4 rolls and will be going back to see if I can get more. If anyone would like to trade them for silver, PM me and I'll take best offers, 1 roll per customer so as many people can get them as possible. If I can get more rolls I'll offer more to those who want it. Keep in mind shipping for a roll of pennies is $4 in the US.

HAPPY DAY!!!!
George

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
sir said:
coinmojo said:
fair price for a coin that WILL RETAIN IT'S VALUE.

Mojo
How

On a small scale penny for penny is 3 cents each. Once all of these new pennies run their course on eBay and the sellers run out I would venture to say that the people that still have sealed boxes would get a premium if they are the only ones listed. I personally had to wait out 2 monster sellers on ebay to get the minimum price I was hopeing for. I recently sold some boxes for over $75 but had to wait till the guy listing 5 boxes a day gave his away. I have more paitence and have limited access to new pennies and am not willing to let them go for anything less than 3x face. Supply and demand is what drives the price up or down.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread