Gold coin

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
The only way this is remotely CRH related is anything extra curricular for ME CRH pays for, but I wanted to share with yous anyways. I did find the gold though it was in much smaller pieces when I found it and took years to accumulate haha. Fellow Tnet member jewelerdave refined this for ME and his partner Daniel Carr did the minting. Needless to say I am delighted with it and was not really expensive for what I got. Enjoy the pics and HH Mark
goldcoin016-1.jpg

goldcoin021-1.jpg

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking bullion. Must be nice to know you panned the entire ounce.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking coin, like the design. So JD is still around,he hasn't posted here in some time.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
That is a great looking round. Congrats on all the work that went into it.

HH,
65GT350

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
That's a beautiful coin! So why did you choose that design out of anything he could have created for you. That's cool about how that was made.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe he does his gold mining near Pike's Peak. Or maybe the coin is one of a series . Just guessing on my part.

Nice coin Mark. Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
mountainman 2 said:
Nice looking coin, like the design. So JD is still around,he hasn't posted here in some time.
Beautiful coin. I seems like years since JD has posted here. ffd

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Thanks all. I was going to get a bunch of them 1/10thoz gold Indians he makes but the more I stood there talking to him I thought I would get more enjoyment out of this. And I chose this design because the gold is Coloradoan and there is a very low mintage- so far its 63, my guess is there won't be too many over 100 total and the dies will be retired. I still halfway wish I went with the 1/10's for a SHTF scenario but the minting would have been $80 for 10 of them.
JD is a busy beaver these days, I think he's refining all day and minting at night (Moonlight mint), and expensive coin shows on weekends.
HH all, Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread