Weekend Results

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my 5 Loomis boxes of halfs on Friday and got a chance to go through them.

Box #1 - 3 40's
Box #2 - skunk
Box #3 - 24 40's; 3 90's
Box #4 - skunk
Box #5 - 1 90

One thing I did find very strange about these boxes were the ones that gave up very little or no silver at all were filled with uncirculated halfs which were concentrated in the years of 1995, 1991, 2000 and 1971. Seemed that they were pulled out of storage and dumped in the hopper. I kept the nicest ones to make a few rolls with.

Also went through 3 boxes of nickels and only found 1 war nickel. Kept all the pre 60 nickels but they were not as numerous has I have found on the past. Buffalo's around here are none existent. Have yet to find one in a box, only in customer rolls.

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Good boxes :thumbsup: I've done 4 or five nickel boxes but dump all of the pre 60's. Do they have some kind of value?

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think they have much value to them at this point. There are a few dates that are worthwhile to keep. I have been keeping them with hopes of doing a book for the kids and picking out the best shape ones one day.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Sure makes one wonder bout the inner workings or rhymes if there are any to how's and whys we do & don't find silver from week to week don't it?
We have had couple with hundreds of Silver in them & right next to it in our stack of Boxes a SKUNK or just a few in it(?).
We got 28 Boxes coming over next 2 Tuesdays of course it will take us 3 Tuesdays to do them all if time avails us.
Sold some on Ebay recently they (19 rolls %40's) went in 5 lots some as high as 44.71 others as low as 38.51 , minus Ebay fees of course.

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where on earth do you dump 28 boxes at? Coin machines?

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
AGCoinHunter said:
Where on earth do you dump 28 boxes at? Coin machines?

In Stages as do NOT even have FRN's to even get 28 all at once. The Wife's job is a a Shuttle driver so when she searches hers she takes them 140 miles to Memphis TN area to dump usually 2 to 4 Boxes, then as she passes her Bank on way home grabs more Boxes- it is a daily routine till she exhausts the 20 boxes her friend at Bank orders for her. Me I got Bags from Bank dump $1K in each & turn them in about 60 miles from home in area where they go outside my area at a Branch of my bank.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
That is a lot of driving. Explanation for those really good boxes could be that you hit the bottom of an old pallet and now have started a newer one or someone turned in a large collection which you were on the recieving end of. I have yet to really get a dream box but I guess getting a steady stream of 15-20 keepers is good to.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread