2 boxes of cents and my first box of nickels to boot

sir

May 29, 2007
Well i finally have some results today

First up is the 1st box of pennies which i did real bad on. First time in several months that i got a box with less than 10 wheats. It yielded 8, 1944 being the oldest.

Second box was much better. It yielded 22 wheats, 1936 being the oldest.
Its worth noting that the first box was from a bank i don't go to often. The bank i got this box from, I go to all the time and always get good results.

And now to my first box of nickels. I got 30 pre 60's. 2 of 'em war nickels (Dates 1943 s, 1944 p) and a 1938 d which seems to have a pretty low mintage at least for me.

I don't know if 30 pre 60's is a high number for you guys but at any rate it seems if i continue to search nickels most of my money will be hoarded in pre 60's. I already have nearly $50 in wheat as of now. But i do like those war nicks.

Upvote 0

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
At some point you may want to stop collecting the pre-60 nickels unless they are war nickels or the more rare dates. Honestly, the rest aren't worth anything. I can tell you fnding S mint nickels on the east coast is difficult as far as I am concerned ( I find Buffalo nickels just as frequently), and the S mints are often lower mintage - I would keep those as well. Are you filling an album or 2 ? I would suggest doing that, keeping the S mint, war nickels and other lower mintage, and then dump all the rest of the pre-60. Just one mans suggestion.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job! I wish I could find wheaties like that on a regular basis. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
sir

sir

May 29, 2007
Mercury63 said:
At some point you may want to stop collecting the pre-60 nickels unless they are war nickels or the more rare dates. Honestly, the rest aren't worth anything. I can tell you fnding S mint nickels on the east coast is difficult as far as I am concerned ( I find Buffalo nickels just as frequently), and the S mints are often lower mintage - I would keep those as well. Are you filling an album or 2 ? I would suggest doing that, keeping the S mint, war nickels and other lower mintage, and then dump all the rest of the pre-60. Just one mans suggestion.
Yeah I thinking of buying a folder, dont have one at the moment though. I probably will have to resort to getting rid of the really common ones though.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the '38D. I'm still waiting for mine.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the 38d. Have yet to find one...

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
sir said:
Mercury63 said:
Yeah I thinking of buying a folder, dont have one at the moment though. I probably will have to resort to getting rid of the really common ones though.

PM me your address and I will mail you a Harris Nickel Folder free of charge from my online Coin and Supply store.

Jason

OP
OP
sir

sir

May 29, 2007
PM me your address and I will mail you a Harris Nickel Folder free of charge from my online Coin and Supply store.

Jason
Thanks a whole bunch shake-n-bake. I have to tell ya that offer made my day. I sent the pm already. Hope to get the folder soon. A million thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread