Im in A Slump

QuickDraw22

Jul 13, 2009
Future Millionaire
I'm in A Slump

I'm in a slump. It's terrible. I've been avoiding this board the past few weeks, because every time I get on, I just become more and more frustrated/mad.

Until 4 weeks ago, I've never had a skunk - ever.

Did a box of dimes - nada.

4 Boxes of pennies - 8 wheats (It's something, but the tediousness of it killed the fun)

7 boxes of halves - only 6 keepers - (5) 40%ers and (1) 90%er.

Adding fuel to the fire are the bank tellers. They give me the "Not this guy again" look, which makes me want to throw in the towel all together. The only score I've had was a box of shotgun shells and 2 silver spoons for $1 at a garage sale.

Is there something different I should be doing?? Someone give me a few motivating words, I need it.

DAVE

Upvote 0

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm in A Slump

I not shure if detecting is what you were refering to .But if it is its a pretty fun hobby. Just have to enjoy it and find what u can. Some days are good and some days you find little. Thats just the nature of this hobby. Enjoy it and try differnt areas. And if ya still have trouble get a Garrett Ace 250. :headbang:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

I'm in a slump. It's terrible. I've been avoiding this board the past few weeks, because every time I get on, I just become more and more frustrated/mad.

Until 4 weeks ago, I've never had a skunk - ever.

Did a box of dimes - nada.

4 Boxes of pennies - 8 wheats (It's something, but the tediousness of it killed the fun)

7 boxes of halves - only 6 keepers - (5) 40%ers and (1) 90%er.

Adding fuel to the fire are the bank tellers. They give me the "Not this guy again" look, which makes me want to throw in the towel all together. The only score I've had was a box of shotgun shells and 2 silver spoons for $1 at a garage sale.

Is there something different I should be doing?? Someone give me a few motivating words, I need it.

DAVE
Dave,
I've been through worse than a slump.I've had to endure a "Slumperama"
Skunk Roadtrips
Dozens of skunk dime boxes
An order of 8 boxes of halves, my largest order 0 keepers
Had a month where I would go on on a road trip 3 times a week, order four boxes of halves a week,and I went through 30 boxes of dimes. Result 8 oz. of silver.
The following month I did a bit better with 10 OZ.
Lost all my dump banks as well.
In my whole life I've never seen so many sneers
and guess what?
Everyone that CRH goes through the same experience, and then some.
Persistence is the key.
If you give up you lose
If you get angry or frustrated the only one who it bothers is yourself
This is a challenging game. Sure there is luck involved, but there are many strategies that you have to master,lots of subtle tricks to learn.
If your just punching holes in the bullseye everytime you go out you soon get bored. So you switch to a cap & ball revolver and try to make that 75 yard shot like Wild Bill.
Don't give up, look for mew angles, be persistant and you luck will change.
HH
Rich

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Don't use the shotgun shells, and cheer up things will get better; I've had a 3 month spell this year where did not get anything in my Boxes, NOT 1 Silver! Then things opened up & had 2 Dream Boxes in 2 weeks! Hang in there.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

obediah said:
Don't use the shotgun shells, and cheer up things will get better; I've had a 3 month spell this year where did not get anything in my Boxes, NOT 1 Silver! Then things opened up & had 2 Dream Boxes in 2 weeks! Hang in there.

Oops typo that was a 2 Month dry spell.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida

Quickdraw:

Tis far better to dare mighty things than to take rank with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just keep in mind, when times get bad, people cash in silver. Its out there, just gotta find new ways to get it.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trackerman said:
I not shure if detecting is what you were refering to .But if it is its a pretty fun hobby. Just have to enjoy it and find what u can. Some days are good and some days you find little. Thats just the nature of this hobby. Enjoy it and try differnt areas. And if ya still have trouble get a Garrett Ace 250. :headbang:
???????? He's referring too searching rolls.

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town

you're not the only one out there having a bad month (worst in the last 10 months). i'm in it with you and i'm in it for the long haul. buck up little camper.

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007

Dave

Everyone has a dream box sitting on a pallet waiting to be bought.
Your day will come, just be patient. We all go through bad times
with little or no finds for weeks, then all heck breaks loose and every
stop will start producing silver.

If every day was a good day, it would take all the fun out of it.

It's the thrill of the hunt and the size of the booty that counts.
The guilt with the Bank tellers will go away in time.

Good luck, and may your next box be filled with silver.

Bill

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's what sets the real CRH'ers apart from the fair weather CRH'ers. Everyone will have slumps in their careers, how you react to them will determine the length of your CRHing career.

-Codes

OP
OP
QuickDraw22

QuickDraw22

Jul 13, 2009
Future Millionaire

Thanks for the encouraging words guys.

I've been sick as a dog lately, so hopefully when I get better I can jump back into the ring.

If only the bank tellers knew what I've got sitting in the corner of my room ready to dump on them - 2100 clad halves, 1000 pennies, and a few hundred nickels :laughing7:

I may start asking for customer rolls - hopefully that'll get my numbers up a bit.

Thanks a bunch guys!!!

-DAVE

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea after getting the old skunk on nickel boxes I am moving to customer rolls. At least I can find the various video game token, foreign coin, and washers in those rolls. Each one is a mystery.

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250

The only tellers that give me the look and under breath remarks are at my dump banks lol. Otherwise the others are great mostly just had a teller this week call house ( wife loved that) and say some lady just brought in 5 rolls of halves . I had just went in to get my dime and penny fix hr before. So went right up they were all clad but if they call I come . The next one could be the big one. About ready to order another half box no luck ever with boxes of halves only hand rolls but you never know. :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread