Victory is mine!! My wife did very well too!!

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Y'all,

While running some errands today, my wife and I popped into some banks. Picked up two boxes of nickels for myself, and one bank had $190.00 in rolled halves, so I picked them up for her. I was fairly optimistic, as this bank had given up some goodies before and some of the rolls were pretty funky lookin'. She found silver in most of the rolls, two of them were solid rolls, and ended up with 72 silver keepers. All were 40%ers, but we were thrilled. Those are the first solid rolls we've gotten. Here are some pics:

IMG_0170.JPG IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

I was well into my first nickel box, hoping to find a war nickel or maybe a buffalo so I was delighted when this little beauty popped out! My first V nickel. Thanks for lookin'.

IMG_0178.JPG IMG_0179.JPG

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Wow ! Nice score ! I like those solid rolls. 72 in a day is great. Good find with that V nickel. Fantastic and motivating photos :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Well, I just determined will have to take a road trip to Dump in morning, have to have FRN's for nest Tuesdays pickups in both TN & Ark and the Bank have lined out to dump will credit my Account no later than Monday next if drop by Thursday 9 am- not gonna risk a Thursday mishap gonna get hem in Wed so we can get total of 18 Boxes if it all goes as planned; will map out a diff return & hit every bank along way to & fro expect it will be about a 150 mile trip return side close to 40 xtra miles figure; hope get enough Silver to pay for the gas- 28 Mpg Ford Ranger.

Ay, that was a GREAT Victory for sure!

P.s. we have had, wife & I together (all %40's) at least 50 or so, solid Silver rolls 20 were from one customer roll find rest in 3 Dream Boxes.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrads on your first solid rolls and the V nickel. Those nickels can be fun to search.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, love seeing V's still out there. Awsome day.

Oh yea, time to upgrade that rock on your ladies hand there with all your profits from silver :tongue3:

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words all.

AG- She didn't even want one that big. She had told me to get a smaller one, since she doesn't like gaudy things, but I upped it a bit, since it was a better quality stone.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread