cant find crap

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
can't find crap

Ahh, I decided to post but only to complain. Hopefully i'll get some cheery comments! I cannot find anything here this month...it'll be by far my lowest month of silver ozs. To date I've found only 17 ozs this month, I usually hit 40 ozs no problem. To make matters worse my work PC crashed and I lost 6 months of data, my day by day accounts of how much i search and how much I've found. And walking liberties...let me tell you the lady has not visited this month (can't tell the last time she visited bc my PC broke :BangHead: :BangHead:). My boxes are no longer date stamped...only has the inspector number on it, and the box average has plummeted in comparison.

Lemme tell you these past few weeks make me wanna quit (you won't care, more for you!). Is it getting harder to find silver or is it just my area? :icon_scratch:

Good luck and keep posting, I'll keep reading.

~phrostie

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: can't find crap

Is that violin music I hear in the background? I'll tell you what my dad always told me. Get your butt back out there and quit whining! Yes, it pissed me off too, but darn if he wasn't right.
M :icon_thumright: nty

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

It definitely comes in spurts, have had near 2 months of nothing, nothing from Boxes or hitting local Banks I go by- then the flood gates open so to speak. Just stay at it it will pick up; tweenst wife & I we are just over 22 ounces this month of course last month was well over 100 ounces, think 127 in fact. We got lots of Boxes coming Tuesday next, hoping to increase months totals as month comes to a close.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

April=9 oz
May=12 oz
June=8 oz
That's what I got in three months this year.

I bet your already feeling better

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry to hear that. PC problems can be very aggrivating. I backup regularly with an external hard drive and flash drives.

I haven't been doing well with the halves either, so I switched over to nickels. Dragging out the occasional buffalo and war nickel has been keeping me happy. I know that you serious hunters go through withdrawl if you don't get a big meal of silver on a regular basis, but I for one have been content with the change of pace. I am getting kind of hungry for a big silver score, so I am gonna order my first boxes if my order from Tuesday didn't go through. I'll find out tomorrow. Keep at it. The worm will turn.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA

Sucks about your data, I lost mine last year. I now back mine up on one of them lil USB gizmos.
Feel your pain about the silver too, definately runs in cycles. I'm at a measly 65 oz this month LOL, sorry couldn't help myself. Perseverence is key, power through the skunks and get back to the good stuff. HH Mark

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Unless you are doing numbers of boxes like Silvercop, etc., you really have no reason to complain. 17 ounces of silver at face value is great compared to what many here are getting (me included). You have probably exhausted most of the silver that has been sitting around in your area for a while. I had great boxes for the first 6 months or so, but now at about 1.5 years CRHing and alot of competition in my area the finds mostly are crappy all the time. I am down to doing only 3 to 4 boxes a week for fun and even that is getting old getting the same reject coins over and over again.

For me, machine bag scores are the only real great finds I get anymore. People here are dumping their Brinks boxes into CWI and vice versa. So the same coins keep coming back time and time again.

Hope it gets better for you but don't be too surprised if you start seeing more skunks over time.
The nature of the beast I suppose.

Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Hey stick with it - you did inspire me to back up my data base :headbang:

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread