Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get it.... they are worth a bucktwoninetyeight

qwerty

Sep 18, 2009
What banks have them? Whenever I ask they don't know what I'm talking about, then when I explain that that they are larger than the normal dollars, they say that they don't have them.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Kieth....i was at a flea market last weekend and a woman had a box of them. i asked what she had there and she says " these are Eisenhower large dollar coins. these are from the last year they were made. they are no longer in circulation" i asked what she wanted for them and she says $2 ea. :laughing7: don't know if she sold any but i'm sure there were some naive souls walking around the market.
i also heard some dealers were giving like $1.10 ea. none of my guys would touch them, even some i had that were really nicely toned.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin dealer in my area sells them for about $1.50-$2.00
but he will not buy if you offer them to him.

DW

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Local coin dealers will buy them from you at 1 dollar each.

I stopped CRHing for them after going thru about 1000 or more and never finding a silver.

Maybe ebay is good, but I never buy or sell anything online so it won't work for me.

Jim

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
I sold about 500 of them to a dealer for $1.10 each. Now a year later I think he still has the 500 of them, so he doesn't buy them any more. One of the coin shows that I set up at I had a man buy about 100 of them for $1.15 each I asked him what he did with them and he said he sells them at an auction, says he gets about $2 each for them. I wish he would come back I have about a thousand more of them.

I put in a couple of pics how I buy my Large dollars. Ask your bank most of them will order them for you just like Halves.
P.S. I have found four silver dollars out of about 20 bags, just doesnt seem worth.

Jason

Attachments

• ikebag1.jpg
    ikebag1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 193
  • ikebag2.jpg
    ikebag2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 190
  • ikebag1.jpg
    ikebag1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 185
  • ikebag2.jpg
    ikebag2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 190

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My credit union will buy them from me. $1 tho. At an auction that I attended this spring, I saw them bid to over $3 ea. Incredible. ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread