First find!

Foster0724

Greenie
Sep 24, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
I've been intrigued watching this forum for a couple months now and have picked up a couple rolls of halves here and there with nada, zilch, zero. I was starting to think it was a bunch of humdrum about all the silver. I stopped at my local big name bank to make a deposit and asked the teller if she had any rolls of halves. She said she had 1 roll and about $8.50 in loose. She slid the tray over for me to see and I spotted that glimmer amidst the stack. I told her I would take them all and proceeded to ask if they could order halves by the box. She said sure no problem, how many do you want? I told her 2. That little glimmer in that stack cost me $1000. I can see how people get easily addicted. Well anyway, I get to my truck and of course can't wait till I get home so I open the envelope and find 1 40%. Then I open the roll and find 1 90% and 1 40%. I know not to get my hopes about the boxes but I can tell you i'm hooked!

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Foster0724 said:
I've been intrigued watching this forum for a couple months now and have picked up a couple rolls of halves here and there with nada, zilch, zero. I was starting to think it was a bunch of humdrum about all the silver. I stopped at my local big name bank to make a deposit and asked the teller if she had any rolls of halves. She said she had 1 roll and about $8.50 in loose. She slid the tray over for me to see and I spotted that glimmer amidst the stack. I told her I would take them all and proceeded to ask if they could order halves by the box. She said sure no problem, how many do you want? I told her 2. That little glimmer in that stack cost me $1000. I can see how people get easily addicted. Well anyway, I get to my truck and of course can't wait till I get home so I open the envelope and find 1 40%. Then I open the roll and find 1 90% and 1 40%. I know not to get my hopes about the boxes but I can tell you i'm hooked!

Sounds like you gots it bad, hope your 1st Box is like mine which had 264 Silvers in it 8 were %90's too since have had no big boxes, a 50 and a few 40's and less, but the wife has been doing it too starting about 2 months after I did (she's in Mo.) and has found 2 boxes with over 500 in each 2 weeks wait from first one to second one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread