Best Dump Box Ever...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
We've all gotten these at some point or another. Open a sealed box only to stare at hand-rolled halves. Yup, another CRH'er's dumps. The processing facility was too lazy to dump them in the hopper to be rolled by the machine. Instead, they just repack the box and seal it up. Well, I had 8 brinks boxes yesterday and only netted 2 rolls of silver (1 40%, 1 90%). Oh well, last box I opened up only to see the dump box. As I was going through the box (sometimes silver slips through) I get the the second layer and noticed an extra roll. Sweet! The extra roll offsets one of the rolls of silver that I harvested. Love getting a free roll of silver.

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Diver_Down said:
We've all gotten these at some point or another. Open a sealed box only to stare at hand-rolled halves. Yup, another CRH'er's dumps. The processing facility was too lazy to dump them in the hopper to be rolled by the machine. Instead, they just repack the box and seal it up. Well, I had 8 brinks boxes yesterday and only netted 2 rolls of silver (1 40%, 1 90%). Oh well, last box I opened up only to see the dump box. As I was going through the box (sometimes silver slips through) I get the the second layer and noticed an extra roll. Sweet! The extra roll offsets one of the rolls of silver that I harvested. Love getting a free roll of silver.

You know those guys were laughing when they did that- but you my friend GOT the last laugh!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
How could you get an extra roll in a brinks box.
Hey maybe it's the roll I got shorted 2 weeks ago?!!!

Mojo

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
coinmojo said:
How could you get an extra roll in a brinks box.
Hey maybe it's the roll I got shorted 2 weeks ago?!!!

Mojo

The box was in really bad shape. It was sealed with the brown tape on the opening, but it also had clear tape on the sides in an attempt to keep it square. It hasn't happened to me before, but the bottom layer had the rolls all helter skelter and not in neat rows. I don't sweat the dumps, they are just part of the game. Unfortunately (for some other CRH'er), these dumps will be taken out of the district and dumped in Ocala.

When I searched Loomis boxes last year, I would always get short rolls. I just considered it a "fee". I gave up the Loomis angle as I found out from a friend that the area Coinstar machines utilize Brinks for their counting. It would explain all the proofs that end up in Brinks boxes, but almost never in a Loomis box. The kiddies are thieving Dad's collection and dumping in the grocery store.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread