St. Louis Area Banks

da1984

Apr 3, 2009
Just trying to find out what banks in the St. Louis Metro Area are serviced by which armored/coin service for dumping purposed, especially non-Brinks services. So far here is what I know:

Brinks - U.S. Bank, Union Planters, Scott Credit Union, First Community Bank.

Please help me with Guarda, Loomis, CWI, Dunbar or any other service that you know of. Thanks.

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I am not from your area but if no one can help, you might try just asking at the different banks who their supplier is. Or the best way is just order coin from some of the different banks in your area and see which carrier delivers the best amount of silver and go with that bank. Just a thought.

Golden Silver

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure about anyone else, but tellers and management are very reluctant to give me any info on their couriers, it's all hush-hush....besides, they tell me, all the coin comes from the fed anyhoo. ffd

OP
OP
da1984

da1984

Apr 3, 2009
Fistfulladirt said:
Not sure about anyone else, but tellers and management are very reluctant to give me any info on their couriers, it's all hush-hush....besides, they tell me, all the coin comes from the fed anyhoo. ffd

my experience so far also

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Fistfulladirt said:

My experience too. I find out who what & when usually by when spotting an Armoured truck & following it around bit.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Experience will also tell you. Keep your eyes open. When ever you are driving look for banks and currior truck parked at banks

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have never had a bank refuse to tell me who their courier service is. My buy banks would even say when the delivery was coming (in a range, like sometime between 1 and 2, etc) so I knew when to pick up the boxes.

I guess it is how you ask. I don't know why any bank would not tell who the courier is, since that does not create a security risk. I would understand them not wanting to say when, since that could create security issues perhaps.

Jim

OP
OP
da1984

da1984

Apr 3, 2009
Gotta be somebody out there in my area, I've seen the marks to prove it , lol.

OP
OP
da1984

da1984

Apr 3, 2009
Update to list:

Just trying to find out what banks in the St. Louis Metro Area are serviced by which armored/coin service for dumping purposed, especially non-Brinks services. So far here is what I know:

Brinks - U.S. Bank, Union Planters, Scott Credit Union, First Community Bank, Bank of America.

Please help me with Guarda, Loomis, CWI, Dunbar or any other service that you know of. Thanks

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
da1984 said:
Update to list:

Brinks - U.S. Bank, Union Planters, Scott Credit Union, First Community Bank, Bank of America.

Please help me with Guarda, Loomis, CWI, Dunbar or any other service that you know of. Thanks

DA1984,

If St. Louis Metro area is anything like other large metro areas BofA and US Bank have multiple regions in the area and they more than likely use different carriers in those regions. I have never seen CWI act as a carrier only as a coin handling service. Like I said in an earlier post find a Garda truck and follow it. You can also check BofA or US Bank's website to determine if they have multiple regions in the area.

Here you go. Go to this address and follow the trucks. My guess is that you will be following Dunbar or Garda.

1022 S 9th St
St Louis, MO 63104-3509

If this information is useful I will accept tips. :icon_thumright:

HH,
65GT350

OP
OP
da1984

da1984

Apr 3, 2009
FYI - talked to the Guarda guy who services the building I work in. He gave me the lowdown on what banks they service for coin in the area. Perrrrfect.

tim2357

Oct 23, 2009
I used to do coin collecting as a kid, but I'm new to CRH and new to the St Louis Area.

I know that USbank uses brinks but the half boxes have been all skunks for me so far.
I picked up a 1964 90% Half from a reject tray yesterday. Must have been from someone before me because I'm sure I checked all mine.
I Saw a Garda truck at a Regions Bank, but haven't tried ordering boxes from them yet.

I've only found 5 90% dimes , 2 War Nickels, 1 Buffalo Nickel, 1 90% and 1 40% half, and 4 Cameo Proofs so far, but have only been CRH for a week or two.

Other than USbank, Who else offers free coin counting, and where have you been dumping?
Thanks,
Tim

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
da1984 said:
I'm 70 miles east of STL and are you the one who puts the turquoise circles on the coins or the little black dot in JFK's ear? ;D I don't mark at all.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
ronbo22 said:
da1984 said:
I'm 70 miles east of STL and are you the one who puts the turquoise circles on the coins or the little black dot in JFK's ear? ;D I don't mark at all.

I sometimes got boxes from the Brinks that handled the St. Louis area. I have seen those turquoise circles and dots. Have you also seen the numbers written to the right of JFK's head in a brown marker?

Also see lots of stripes in turquoise and red. Too many CRHers in the St. Louis area to get many good boxes anymore.

Jim

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
jim4silver said:
ronbo22 said:
da1984 said:

I sometimes got boxes from the Brinks that handled the St. Louis area. I have seen those turquoise circles and dots. Have you also seen the numbers written to the right of JFK's head in a brown marker?

Also see lots of stripes in turquoise and red. Too many CRHers in the St. Louis area to get many good boxes anymore.

Jim

Yeah I get the brown numbers too. My boxes have been ok only six skunks out of the last 20 average about 3 per box. I even got one that said "i got the silver"

tim2357

Oct 23, 2009
Garda truck pulled up while I was at UMB bank

So for Garda you can add Regions Bank and UMB bank

Anyone tried boxes from garda?

Glad to hear somone's found something here... My first 4 boxes of half's have all been skunks

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ronbo22 said:
da1984 said:
JFK gets around! I'm in NC and i find the dot in the ear all of the time.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
Re: St. Louis Area Banks-Mr Brown Marker's RE-Dump

I got Mr Brown Markers RE-Dump today it had the familiar brown number (73)to the right which had worn a little so he went over it w/black marker and put a number 90 to the left in Black. Box numbers? other speculation..................

Also got 3 40%ers out of todays box

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Re: St. Louis Area Banks-Mr Brown Marker's RE-Dump

ronbo22 said:
I got Mr Brown Markers RE-Dump today it had the familiar brown number (73)to the right which had worn a little so he went over it w/black marker and put a number 90 to the left in Black. Box numbers? other speculation..................

Also got 3 40%ers out of todays box

I think you are right. They are probably box numbers. If you dump directly to the cash vault you can figure out what percentage of coins you have already looked at and how long it took you to get them back. I am not a statistician but I would think you would have to mark a pretty good size sample per box. In fact I think you might be finding da1984 marks.

HH,
65GT350

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread