Dime and Quarter Search 9/28/09

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Rich - I love your persistence with the quarters. I hope you hit the jackpot. Tell me something to convince me to search quarters, I want to but don't have the you know whats to start. Also, nice ave. on those Rosies. Since you hunt all the time, do you use a rotational system to hunt or just hit banks on how you feel that day ?

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Merc,
I'm taking a break on those quarters. I could triple my dime intake if I leave them alone. I have certain banks I go to for the hand rolled dimes and quarters. I'm still looking for a couple of more banks in particular areas for them.
When I road trip there are certain routes that I take. Then sometimes, I'll just start driving in no particular direction. Tomorrow I may cash out and take a break, I may search locally, or take a trip up into the Northern Kingdom. Who knows ?

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always temped to do quarters and ask for one or two rolls.

I have never found one silver one

Hey, you have a nice picture there with your grandaughter. Your house looks
very cozy Congrats.

Darth Walker

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Rich - the nice thing about the quarters is they are a good backup if nothing else is available. I think I might get some this week, just for the hell of it. So far I have done two boxes with one silver. I also got 2 silver wash. from the rejection slot. I love to explore, but have located all banks near work. I still have some routes near home that I haven't fully exploited.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Thanks Darth,

That's grandchild 6 out of 7. She is four years old and an avid coin collector. She loves to help me search nickels and knows how to find the big mintmark over Monticello. Of course she does not work for free and gets to keep the Buffalo Nickels.
She also has a huge collection of Canadian dimes and other foreign dime size coins we find in rolls. By the time she is 21 she will have enough Canadian change to buy a house up there.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Merc,

I would not say they are a good backup but are very challenging to find. I've only bought one box which was a skunk. I mostly do bags and handrolls.
I haven't searched enough quarters to say one way or another if boxes are a good way to go. My experience with boxes of nickels, dimes, and halves have been that I find older and unusual coins in them,but I skunk out a lot. I do better with bags as far as keepers go. I do alright with handrolls but find alot of foreign with the dimes and Nickel short rolls with the quarters. You have to be a real cheapskate to stick nickels in the middle of a rolls of quarters. I would love to run into someone pulling that. Heck, I'd introduce him to "Mr.Hand".
I still have one town in mind that I'd like to do a large quarter search in. Maybe next week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread