2009 cents: are they worth the trouble?

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will keep just the mint set proof from the US Mint

I do not really care about pennys unless is a 1955 DD.

But it is just me.

Darth Walker

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Nothing wrong saving a few I personally don't think they will be worth alot down the road. Too many of them are being saved by people and very few getting in circualtion plus a high mintage. Most likely they are going to be worth 10Xs face value in 20 years.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Supply and demand rules the market. There is a market for them now. once everybody and their mother have them the demand will disappear.

IMHO

Mojo

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
When the Birthplace cents came out, a lot of people made a killing (I only sold four boxes of 2009-D and netted about $800). The newest ones aren't doing so hot as they seem to be more available.

I got a full box of the Railsplitters two weeks ago and put it on ebay. Sold for $36 and change. Minus $25 for the box and a small bit for FeBay and I don't think it's worth it.

C

Cappy Z.

Welcome to TN..

Gotta tell ya I love your name: obsessedwithsliver.

:icon_thumright:

Nothing beats satisfying the 'obcession'.
lol

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
The cents WERE worth it. But you had to have them early and sell them. Now the log cabin and rail splitter are showing up everywhere, and the prices are down to nothing. Soon that will happen to the other two also.

It was just a hot thing when they were new. And some made a GREAT killing on the coins.

But saving them? For the long term? Worth a penny in 10 years. NO one will care. So I don' tthink you should save more than you already have, if you even want to save that many. IMHO.

I put away two rolls of each of the first two, and will do the same with the next two. But if they don't look like anything is happening in a year or two I'll dump those too. Still worth collecting silver and wheats. PLus I do shorter term trading on the copper cents that my Ryedale machine kicks out to me when I have the time to use it. :-)

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i just sold 11 boxes of the professional life cent on ebay. i made 1186.00 total. so i would say they are

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Professional life just showed up in my area. I just got two boxes. Should I put them on ebay?

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
better get them on fast, the price is going to drop fast. i started out getting 70-80.00 and the last 3 boxes went for 60-65.00.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never even seen one. Must not be in circulation . Monty

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Yinzi50 said:
Professional life just showed up in my area. I just got two boxes. Should I put them on ebay?

No not at the same time. some of you guy's list too many all at once flooding the market,,,, List 1 box at a time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions