Sold today $20 worth of 40% halves

katzky

Sep 15, 2009
Mercury63 said:
i have the same strategy - sell the 40% and keep the 90%

What is the theory behind this strategy? Why not keep or sell all the coins?

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
katzky said:
Mercury63 said:
i have the same strategy - sell the 40% and keep the 90%

What is the theory behind this strategy? Why not keep or sell all the coins?

Supposedly you can get a higher premium on the 90%. Compared to the 40%. Which is true from my experience. I sold some today too. Got a heck of a deal. $4.50 on the dollar towards last week when silver was higher I could only get $3.90

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have close to 2600 40% halves I am getting ready to sell. What I plan on doing is keeping out the money for the face value of the coins, then buying silver bullion with the rest. The silver bullion will be FREE silver (should be around 200 ounces).

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I'd change one part of that plan. Take about $500 from the profit and buy something for yourself that you can enjoy - just blow the money on fun. You gotta reward yourself now and then :icon_thumright: - then get the bullion. I've been stocking up on old silver dollars that I've been getting at the pawn shops for $12 a piece. They just seem to want to get rid of them and I buy them with "found money"!

Maine_Jim

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Darth Walker said:
OK, I sold today $20.00 face value of 40% halves.
The coin dealer in my area paid me $86.00.

I am going to sell all my 40%Er's and just the keep 90%Er's.

Just FYI for all you to know what a coin dealer in SA Texas is paying for 40% halves

Thanks for reading

Darth Walker

Darth,

That's comparable to what I'm seeing on eBay except no fees. Good sale.

JasonB

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
wayne1956 said:
I have close to 2600 40% halves I am getting ready to sell. What I plan on doing is keeping out the money for the face value of the coins, then buying silver bullion with the rest. The silver bullion will be FREE silver (should be around 200 ounces).
maine_Jim said:
I'd change one part of that plan. Take about $500 from the profit and buy something for yourself that you can enjoy - just blow the money on fun. You gotta reward yourself now and then :icon_thumright: - then get the bullion. I've been stocking up on old silver dollars that I've been getting at the pawn shops for $12 a piece. They just seem to want to get rid of them and I buy them with "found money"!

Maine_Jim
I concur with Jim but only partly, you can treat yourself to a little gold coin and not have to pi$$ it away. Just as much fun as a day at Disneyland and last alot longer. HH Mark

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Stripe said:
wayne1956 said:
maine_Jim said:

Maine_Jim
I concur with Jim but only partly, you can treat yourself to a little gold coin and not have to pi$$ it away. Just as much fun as a day at Disneyland and last alot longer. HH Mark
Not a bad idea, get a bullion coin, 14K bezel and 14K. Will definitely consider that. Free silver and free gold. Best of both worlds!!! ;D ;D ;D

bucksguy81

May 13, 2008
I wish you guys could share the secret of selling silver halves! I have 3 1/2 rolls for sale, plus, I just picked up another $16.00 in 40%er's from the bank today...i can't seem to be able to sell any of them! Any help guys?!

katzky

Sep 15, 2009
bucksguy81 said:
I wish you guys could share the secret of selling silver halves! I have 3 1/2 rolls for sale, plus, I just picked up another $16.00 in 40%er's from the bank today...i can't seem to be able to sell any of them! Any help guys?!

I'll buy them.

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
katzky said:
bucksguy81 said:

I'll buy them.

If you're interested in buying 40%, let me know - i've got a few hundred for you.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
wayne1956 said:
Silver Stripe said:
wayne1956 said:
maine_Jim said:

Maine_Jim
Not a bad idea, get a bullion coin, 14K bezel and 14K. Will definitely consider that. Free silver and free gold. Best of both worlds!!! ;D ;D ;D
Just make sure the gold is real- been hearing about alot of scams on ebay these days. HH Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread