Third Week - Reality Hits Like a Ton O Bricks

katzky

Sep 15, 2009
Third Week - Reality Hits Like a Ton O' Bricks

After my "beginners luck" (My 3rd box ever had >220 silver coins), the statistical reality of CRH defines my third week. I had 7 boxes of half dollars and produced the following:

3 x 90% Franklins
16 x 40% Kennedys

I am not complaining...but... I feel like a drug addict desperate to replicate that first high. How likely is it to actually get another box with 220 silver coins?

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Re: Third Week - Reality Hits Like a Ton O' Bricks

This is good though. You see that first high gets you hooked but now you will be pleased with much less like the rest of us. LOL.

Golden Silver

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

i know the feeling. i don't think i'll ever top my Frankie find (16 unopened rolls of Ben Franklins in thier original rolls) but that won't stop me from trying. ;D
talk to my man Shake-N-Bake. i think he is up to like 85 boxes of skunks and counting. kinda puts things in perspective.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

katzky said:
I am not complaining...but... I feel like a drug addict desperate to replicate that first high. How likely is it to actually get another box with 220 silver coins?

Don't be the farm on it. They are very few and far between. About 8 years ago I got a box that was OVER half silver (all 40%, not one 90%). Have yet to get another like it.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

A little under average there on those seven but I wouldn't be surprised if you hit another dream box as they do come in cycles...along with the crappy ones. I get about 4 coins a box. You've got quite a few to go before your average gets down there. Just make sure you get a system in place early to deal with your dumps. They must go to another distributor than your source banks or you'll get all skunks six months from now.

Maine_Jim

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009

Dude, I hear you. I scored a coin collection of nine rolls of quarters (many mint state) and 6 rolls of dimes. As a professional drug counselor I can tell you that you are right in your assessment.

So keep searchin'

Bob

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Ay, 18 Boxes with 239 %90's and 298 %40's is good way to get em too; only 1 Skunk in the batch too, a couple that only had a couple or 1 in them too, most finds come from 5 Boxes ranging from 70 or so too over 100.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

mistergee said:
i know the feeling. i don't think i'll ever top my Frankie find (16 unopened rolls of Ben Franklins in thier original rolls) but that won't stop me from trying. ;D
talk to my man Shake-N-Bake. i think he is up to like 85 boxes of skunks and counting. kinda puts things in perspective.

Actually with the three boxes I did today I am at 91 straight skunk boxes for silver. I have NEVER gotten a silver coin out of a Half Dollar Box.

Jason

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro

Actually with the three boxes I did today I am at 91 straight skunk boxes for silver. I have NEVER gotten a silver coin out of a Half Dollar Box.

Jason
[/quote]

NEVER gotten a silver coin out of 91,000 coins searched?!?!? Yikes!! Why do you keep trying?
I wonder what it is about your area in particular that would make the boxes so consistently lousy? Have you tried reaching out to neighboring communities? You would certainly have tried mixing things up a bit with different banks, etc., yes? Results like that would have broken a lesser man! You are a CRHer extraordinaire!! I am in awe of your determination!!
- Grizz

voodoo13

Aug 20, 2009

I typically dont get boxes of halves, but out of the 13 I sorted this summer, got 2 40%'ers. I ordered 1 last box for next week. If it skunks, I'll never order again. I'll just stick to hand rolls, preferably dimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread