Big loss today

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a box today which was short 5 rolls. When the teller handed it over to me I noticed that the box had too much crumps on it. Well, this is a very nice supply bank and all the tellers are so nice to me (without cookies). I think I will just let it lie. I don't lose my super supply chain. Next time be aware.

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For 50 bucks, I might have gone back. Thats a lot of money to get shorted. What carrier do your boxes come from?

exnatomp

Jan 1, 2009
If you think that there might be something wrong with the box, don't be afraid to open it up in front of the teller. That way both of you are there to witness if anything is wrong and nobody can question you. I've done this a couple of times when the contents have shifted during transport and I couldn't see rolls in all the holes. A quick check that only takes a minute or two. Luckily I've never been shorted. It may be a pain in the butt for the bank to do the paperwork, but it beats losing money.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
coin crazed why don't you just leave and be a spoiled brat somewhere else. Your an inconsiderate prick and no one wants you here.

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Y,

Sorry for the loss. That stings...you need to find 5 90% just to make up the loss.

Coincrazed, I don't understand why you're laughin' at Y...he's probably feeling like he has a broken wing, so let's not stomp him when he's down.

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Thanks for sharing coincrazed. Let's all look forward to a more cohesive future as miner 2009ers.

OP
OP
Yinzi50

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
For 50 bucks, I might have gone back. Thats a lot of money to get shorted. What carrier do your boxes come from?

In my area, all boxes are one-layered rectangular boxes and they are from the fed directly.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I was shorted a roll 3 times now and I now open and check every box in front of the teller before I leave.

Mojo

OP
OP
Yinzi50

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STDevil said:
Y,

Sorry for the loss. That stings...you need to find 5 90% just to make up the loss.

Coincrazed, I don't understand why you're laughin' at Y...he's probably feeling like he has a broken wing, so let's not stomp him when he's down.

Thanks for your symphathy, STDevil and many other fellow CRHers.
It does sting a little bit but is not a big deal. I always remember that this is a hobby for me. I had many days that I got more than 5 90%ers. It's like fishing: you have up days and down days. In the up days I caught many big fish and in the down days I might caught nothing and also my rod might be broken or my hook might get stuck to the bottom of river/ocean. I want to post my experience so other CRHers can learn from my loss. We have to realize that the staff working at the coin wrapping falicity are also humans like us and can miscount. On the cover of the box it actually says" Check other side before OPENING". So technically it is my own fault. I tend to ignore that warning sign after opened so many boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions