Report on my Efforts from Canada

tinykin

Sep 13, 2009
It has been a while since I posted so I thought I would drop a note and let you know how my efforts have been.

As previously noted my first box of quarters had 10 silver and 10 American (clad) which seems pretty good from what I read in this forum.

My second box of quarters was a skunk: no silver and no American. Not only that it was very strange in that it had dates dispersed between 2000 and 2009 but nothing earlier. I can't figure out how that happened as I can see rolling machines being set up to identify silver and American but rejecting below 2000?

My third box was my first dump box back again. I learned quickly not to dump at my supply bank.

This last weekend I got $ 100 of quarters and a box of dimes. The quarters got me no silver and 5 American (clad). The dimes got me 5 silver (1955, 1957(2), 1966(2)) and 1 silver American (1946) for a total of 6. I also got 60 American (clad). These averages are not too bad, now I just have to get into a box ordering rhythm.

Picking up another box of quarters on Friday.

Taking a trip to the US of A this weekend so will try to pick up a box of halfs.

Anyone in the Port Angeles/Washington state area or am I going into virgin territory?

Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Good scores.

So, even when you're not finding silver, anytime you find American coins (given the current exchange rate) you're still coming out ahead.

Nice.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
6 dimes to a box is way above the norm down here. You should try some handrolled dimes and see how you do.

HH
Rich

OP
OP
T

tinykin

Sep 13, 2009
I don't know if this is unusual but the box of dimes I got was full of handrolls. In fact the first quarter box was handrolls while the second was machine rolled. I don't know if the bank just put dime handrolls in a box for convenience but I know that the box of handroll quarters was from brinks as the teller told me it was a special order for the branch.

I guess I agree that I feel luckier when I open the box and see a raft of handrolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread