Reminiscing

urbss

Sep 15, 2005
Cresson, PA
This topic makes me laugh because I used to do this when I was about 11 or 12.

My folks would take me and a friend to the mall with them. They?d give us some money to eat with and to spend in the arcade.

Instead, we would go to the bank and get rolls of pennies, go to the pizza place and get 1 slice (to split) and go through all the pennies. We would keep all the wheat cents and replace them with current pennies (we always brought a supply), re-roll them and take them to the other bank on the other side of the mall and cash them in. Then we would go back to the original bank and start all over again.

We would sometimes do this for 4 or 5 hours!!

Anyway, I recently went to my bank to make a deposit and asked if they had any rolls of half dollars. They did, so I got four to start with. I was surprised to find 4 silvers in the first four rolls!! So, I went back the next day and got four more rolls, but they didn?t turn up anything interesting.

Now I?m getting into both the halves and nickels on a weekly basis!!

This is a great way to spend some time during the winter months!!!!

Upvote 0
Z

ZumbroKid

I'm in the act of organizing a competetion coin roll hunt right here on the forum. There is a thread in the coin roll hunting section. Entering is free! Once we get a few interested folks i'll post the rules.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread