Road trip 10/07/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I was planning on doing an out of State Trip today, but called one of the banks out in the middle of Dogpatch to see if they had any rolls. They had 5 rolls, so I switched plans and drove out there. Last trip I got 140 keepers and some solid rolls.
It was a long ride on narrow back country roads.
Anyway I picked up the rolls and got 5 40% Kennedys. Started hitting the banks while I was out that way and all I could get was loose clad and Fed rolls. Probably picked up over 600 Fed rolls all of which were skunks of course. Came upon one of my dump banks which has the slowest coin machine I've ever operated and dumped yesterdays leftovers and the junk I picked up today.
On the way home I stopped at one last bank and picked up $600.00 in quarters and dimes. They were mostly handrolled quarters,
Picked up a 1951 Washington and skunked on the dimes.
A couple of tough hunting days this week. I was going to order halves this week but after going through $1100.00 dollars worth of fed rolled clad halves I'm kind of glad I didn't.
Might have to though if the road trips keep up like today.

Upvote 0

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Your week sounds a lot like mine. Last 11 banks checked have either had no coins or all clad. Rich, Since you go to so many banks have you considered trying to develop a new source bank for half boxes ? Even if the bank is a bit away if it is a producer, with your traveling you should be able to hit it pretty consistently. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Merc,
On road trips I've scalped boxes from New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. All produce superb skunks.
I've ordered from about 5 or 6 different banks, all are lousy. The bank that I order from the most does produce a few keepers. Last time I ordered was in July. 6 boxes gave up 30 or so keepers mostly 90's as I recall.
I'm still thinking about ordering boxes. To me it is only worth it if you order on a massive scale like Silvercop. I'm still trying to figure out a scheduale to do this as I only have so much cash to work with, and my dump banks, of which I have an adequate number of are spread out.
Just have to figure how I'm going to work it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread