CRH Nebraska Style

katzky

Sep 15, 2009
After only one week and a mere 3,500$ in dumped change, one of Lincoln's finest banks assembled an emergency meeting with its board of directors. The result of which is something I call the "We are going to charge katzky a 1% coin counting fee." Oh, BTW, these people know me by name [even people with whom I've never had interactions and at branches I have never visited!] They were happy and friendly as hell when I established my five-figure savings account. Now, it seems, their bank is not big enough for 500$ worth of dimes. I can completely understand that it costs them $ to process coins BUT it really only took them 20 minutes to count the coins. I am willing to pay a fee for service but a % based fee is ridiculous. I believe it should be either per coin or per hour. I guess I could play hardball with them and dump 1,000,000 pennies and pay the 100$ fee. Anybody have similar experiences?

Anybody have any first had experience with banks in the Lincoln area?

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Vote with your feet !!!
Ask to have a sitdown with a manager and then politely explain your plan to remove your $$$$ from their bank.
I don't think a bank would like to lose any depositor in today's economic market.
If that doesn't go well, take it to Facebook, Twitter,Billboards, whatever it takes to get their attention.
They are not the only bank in town. JP

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Forget about the bank manager. Speak with the manager's supervisor. Move it up the chain of command. I did this recently. The bank manager was moved from his spacious office and cushy leather back chair to a different branch in a cube farm doing customer service with hardly a desk. I'm sure he'll remember the next time that the customer always comes first. One thing I learned in my 8 years in the Army is that S**T rolls down hill. If you climb the hill high enough, it will roll very fast.

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
Vote with your feet !!!

Agreed. Move to another bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions