Todays scores (the dimes saved me again)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Sep 2009
    2 times

Today's scores (the dimes saved me again)

I couldn't get my hands on any halves today except $500 in halves available at a bank that I have identified as someone else's dump. I spent the day (in between training sessions that I conduct for area companies) going from bank to bank. I always pick up dimes just in case I can't get halves (special thanks to Rich H. for tipping me off on this). I searched $400 worth from various banks. I always ask for hand rolled. I don't like those plastic wrappers.

Anyhow I found one '64 Rosie and then nothing until I opened an old looking roll that was different from all of the others. Inside were 23 Rosies from various years. It seemed almost like someone's collection:

46, 46d, 47d, 50, 51, 52, 52d(x2), 53d, 54(x2), 57(x2), 58d, 61, 61d, 62d(x4), 62, and 64(x2).

My last bank of the day also produced a 1939 Merc. No halves but at least I didn't walk away empty handed. I must admit, I have been way more lucky on the dimes than I ever expected. People must be clearing out the junk drawers and handing these rolls in.

It seems like slim pickin's for everyone today. Let's hope for a better tomorrow.

Good luck everyone,

OWS

us
    Nov 2008
    2 times

Re: Today's scores (the dimes saved me again)

Fantastic score on the dimes .
    Lately I've been getting marked dimes and quarters leading me to believe that there is some monster box hunting going on for these denominations.
    Spoke with a teller who is a floater. She was telling me that I have some competion which is fine with me. But she has noticed this guy buying up the handrolled dimes at one branch and dropping them off at another branch. One that I like to pick up from but now have to scratch from my list.
    Happy to hear that you are doing good with the dimes. Try quarters too. They are very tough to get but make for a thrilling find.

HH

Rich
    2011 Finds
    6x War Nickels
    1x Buffalo Nickel
    1x Mercury Dimes
    66x Roosevelt Dimes
    2x Canadian Dimes
    0x Washington Quarters
    15x WLH
    12x Franklin
    46x 1964 Kennedy
    161 x 40% Kennedy

Oct 2007
    Hampton Roads, VA.
    bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
    88 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Above average for sure on the dimes. Keep it up.

Golden silver

us
    Jan 2008
    Pennsylvania
    36 times

another reason to do dimes

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links