1./ 2 %90 7 %40
2./ 1 %90 2 %40
3./ 1 %40
4./ 4 %40
5 & 6 Skunk
7./ 1 %40
8, 9, and 10 Skunkarooooo's too.

6 more Boxes coming Tuesday next.

Oh am the wife'e called her bank there, a regional supervisor came in and instituted a $5 per Box charge; told her to go ahead & do it, 20 Boxes- we have got'en so many ounces out of the last 3 months monthly orders from that Bank, even if they strike out we still way ahead by 82, 102, and 162 ='s 356 ounces. Maybe the vein will continue to do us good(?), if not we board up that mine tight.

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you got something. These Brinks boxes?

detect4au

Nov 17, 2007
Obediah,
Not as bad as my 10 boxes last night. 8 skunks and 1 box had 2-40's and one box had 3-40's. Better than nothing, but I would be happy with yours. Hope you get back into the good stuff.
Cheers
detect4au

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad. Not great, but not bad. I'd be happy with those results.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Obe,
How many times do you want to pay these AH's ? Our taxes pay for the coin to be minted, to pay for the banks bad investments,and to give the CEO's big bonuses for effing up.
They are the authors of our downfall to a third world status, and you want to give them a tip?
Personally I'd rather give a teller whose earning peanuts a bribe to grab the silver for me.
Everytime some regular Joe grabs some silver from these loansharks it's a victory for all.
Just my opinion

Best

Rich

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
AGCoinHunter said:

Yeah Brinks, they also had lots of crh'ER marks on them too. it seems about %45 of time they do okay in the 20 ounce range the rest of the time 1 to 3 like today or Skunks!

The wife's in or from an Ark bank have been Phenomenal (in total finds like last 20 Boxes yielded 1 Skunk and total 162 ounces 758 Silver) about 1/2 time then 1/4 low numbers and 1/4 Skunks.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you still pick out the clad prood anymore? I thought Brinks boxes contain lots of clad proofs.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Yinzi50 said:
Do you still pick out the clad prood anymore? I thought Brinks boxes contain lots of clad proofs.
Have found only 1 (a scratched up 77) since dumped my last batch of around 100, but did hit a good 9 or 11(?) roll find in cold call on Bank that had 68 Silvers and about 70 or so really nice looking (shiny) clad proofs in it couple week ago, not sure what gonna do with them, they are sooo nice looking hate to dump them maybe somebody will want them(?).

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
Obe,
How many times do you want to pay these AH's ? Our taxes pay for the coin to be minted, to pay for the banks bad investments,and to give the CEO's big bonuses for effing up.
They are the authors of our downfall to a third world status, and you want to give them a tip?
Personally I'd rather give a teller whose earning peanuts a bribe to grab the silver for me.
Everytime some regular Joe grabs some silver from these loansharks it's a victory for all.
Just my opinion

Best

Rich

Yeah, know what you mean, but that Bank's Boxes have been soooo much better than average and by far better than my Brinks in TN which has been consistent but light on average- the wife in 3 months has gotten more than I have in 7 months, and as said that last 20 box find was 162 OUNCES!!! The Bank is a small Ark Bank- know they are hurting, nobody in their right mind is borrowing money so they are struggling and the Gov options are sooo tempting to them to use their easy funds and in process give up their sovereignty like Big Banks have. I know the Bank Pres. & General Manger they are good folk and you can see the fear in them- they KNOW things are gonna get bad, really bad; it is a rural community and sales are way way down in local owned farm stores etc.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah said:
Yinzi50 said:
Have found only 1 (a scratched up 77) since dumped my last batch of around 100, but did hit a good 9 or 11(?) roll find in cold call on Bank that had 68 Silvers and about 70 or so really nice looking (shiny) clad proofs in it couple week ago, not sure what gonna do with them, they are sooo nice looking hate to dump them maybe somebody will want them(?).
Offer them to some of your favorite tellers.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Yeah Brinks, they also had lots of crh'ER marks on them too. it seems about %45 of time they do okay in the 20 ounce range the rest of the time 1 to 3 like today or Skunks!

The wife's in or from an Ark bank have been Phenomenal (in total finds like last 20 Boxes yielded 1 Skunk and total 162 ounces 758 Silver) about 1/2 time then 1/4 low numbers and 1/4 Skunks.

I have started to notice a really high amount of marking on all my boxes lately. Usually there are 8-10 coins per roll that are marked. Of course these mostly are skunks.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i agree with Rich in principle, however if the finds there are that good i would pay the fee. especially in light of them not being one of the corporate giants that got the bailout. i would look at it like helping out the local mom and pop. your definitely not losing money. $5.00 for 20 boxes......thats only 25 cents per box. you probably use more than that in gas picking them up.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
i agree with Rich in principle, however if the finds there are that good i would pay the fee. especially in light of them not being one of the corporate giants that got the bailout. i would look at it like helping out the local mom and pop. your definitely not losing money. $5.00 for 20 boxes......thats only 25 cents per box. you probably use more than that in gas picking them up.
They're charging him $5.00 per box. He would have to average a 90%er or 2-3 40%ers per box just to break even.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
mountainman 2 said:
mistergee said:
They're charging him $5.00 per box. He would have to average a 90%er or 2-3 40%ers per box just to break even.

Yes you is correct, look at it this way the last 20 Box order had 1 Skunk the other 19 mostly from 8 Boxes yielded 758, 338 were %90's too, total ounces 162.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obediah,
So do you order your 10 boxes at a time from one bank or spread it accross multiple banks? I am up to 4 now with my bank but an afraid to go much higher or they will stop ordering. I order from 3 different banks, 3+3+4 =10. I like to stagger mine from week to week so I dont have to outlay too much capital at once.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
AGCoinHunter said:
Obediah,
So do you order your 10 boxes at a time from one bank or spread it accross multiple banks? I am up to 4 now with my bank but an afraid to go much higher or they will stop ordering. I order from 3 different banks, 3+3+4 =10. I like to stagger mine from week to week so I dont have to outlay too much capital at once.

Yes you do what I do trying to not over use one branch and wear them out on me; kinda rotate two branchs only sees me once month and on diff weeks while one have a so far cozy relationship with order when am home every week 4 or 6 Boxes, have been running to Mo staying 2 weeks and back home to Tn for 2 or thereabouts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread