got a call from the bank this afternoon and almost had a heart attack

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i got a call today from a teller in auburn. i had left a card with her when i was in that bank about 3 months ago. she called me and said, someone just came in here and cashed in 473.00 in big silver dollars do you want them? my heart almost stopped. i told her yes and that i was on the way. i had an hour before closing to get there so i knew i was going to cut it close. all the way there i had visions of morgans and peace dollars and i was hoping that they were not ike's. i know most of you would have asked the teller more questions about them but i never say the word "silver" to a teller. NEVER. when i got there she had them waiting for me in a clear bag on the teller line. when i got my first look i knew my dreams were over......ikes. i said thank you and acted like i was very happy to get them and took them home, hoping that a silver ike morgan or peace might be inside. nope all clad. well anyway i guess i will see if anyone is buying them on feebay. i know many would not have bought them but i was afraid that if i didn't she would not call me anymore. well here are the pics for those that like ike

Attachments

• MVC-030S.JPG
    MVC-030S.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 624
  • MVC-031S.JPG
    MVC-031S.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 613
  • MVC-032S.JPG
    MVC-032S.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 605
  • MVC-033S.JPG
    MVC-033S.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 639
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
all your out is a bit of gas and time -- since they were got at face and a buck is a buck -- never know what might show up next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread