14 "OP" silver dimes

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
14 "OP" silver dimes

The bank said a lady dropped off $400 in dimes. She had them for years, according to her. So they kept them for me (Also - they didn't want to send them off and be charged for the pickup. That's the truth with this bank. They save me ALL their hand rolled, because of fees to them and they know i"ll take the coins off their hands with no charge)

I went through them, and it was very productive. Every few rolls I would come up with a silver dime. Total was 14 silver dimes. My second best day EVER was 3 silver dimes, and that was in 4 boxes I went through that day, so to get 14 in less than one box was pretty dang exciting for me.

One was that fellow from the rock band Queen. What's his name again? Oh yeah, Freddie. Freddie Mercury. That was nice. And 13 were Roosie's. Only 1 was 1964 too.

So now my second best day of dimes is 14, instead of 3. That's NICE imho. I was esctatic about it. (My first best day is the 700 pure silver that a different bank saved for me about a month ago, of course. LOL. 700 silver dimes plus 40 quarters all in one haul)

I've now had 4 different banks save coins for me THIS YEAR that turned out into great days. Nice. :-)

Oh, and what is "OP"? It is a code meaing "Old person". When an old person comes in and drops off a bunch of old coins, it is "old person money". Worth searching. Oh yea!

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Re: 14 "OP" silver dimes

Great score on those dimes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hey I'm one of those OP's ! I just don't know it yet. No matter how carefully I sneak up to a mirror I always catch the reflection of an OP staring back at me. :icon_scratch: Very unerving!
Anyway this OP only turns in clad :laughing7:

Keep getting them

Rich

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wait im confused what about freddie? is there a comm coin for him? if so tell me a price i'l see what i can do it

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

what coin the dime? and why is he there?

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I LOVE Old People. I have started following them around in my car and hope they are headed to be bank. After 30 minutes of waiting on them to make a deposit, I run to the teller and ask for all their coins.

Man I have to get a life :D

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

JRF, what is your secret to get these tellers to hand over the goods. I am in good with my tellers but I am not so sure they would save anything for me. They would probably keep it for themselves.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

I've had three great finds so far this year by telles saving me things. I thin it is just my friendliness every time I am in there. And consistency. PLus the coupons for free food or other little gifts given every once in a while makes them feel like I am appreciative, and they like that.

But mostly I think it is a freindly attitude.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Ahhh, I need to reward them for their efforts more. I think that may be it my friend.

golden silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread