Whats the best day/time to CRH?

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

Yesterday was my first full "day" hunt - 30 banks with over $1,780 in halves, best ever.
As far as silver content, it was my worst ever.
I found 3 dump banks, all from the same person (same rolls/markings) - one bank, 3 nearby branches.

Many banks don't have a vault manager around on weekends and close the vault about an hour before closing.
Best time has been early, mid week.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100

Diver_Down said:
Rich alluded to the 1st thru the 3rd of the month as being productive. I've found the opposite with regards to road trips. I prefer to target the last week of a month for road trips. The seniors are scraping together their loose change until their social security kicks in at the beginning of a month. To some seniors who had grown up with silver coinage, it is no big deal as a dime is a dime. They don't consider the precious metal content. If they are looking to get by until their social security arrives, then they might cash in some of the silver just so they can feed their cats.

Social Security is now issued differently but the concept of hitting at the end of the month is the same. I figure that most people who need to cash in spare change to meet expenses have bills that are due on the first. With the holidays coming up I will be hitting the banks a little more frequently.

HH,
65GT350

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

obsessedwithsilver said:
Thanks for the hint about the drive-thru.
Several tips on drive thrus. Only drive thru I see now a days is the ATM.
You want anything other than $20's you have to go inside. :'(

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Fredness that is another reason why Friday is best. Also I have found the best hits are often at banks that have 200 or less. But then again my best hit ever was a bank with over 700 in halves.

golden silver

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cyberdan said:
obsessedwithsilver said:
Thanks for the hint about the drive-thru.
Several tips on drive thrus. Only drive thru I see now a days is the ATM.
You want anything other than $20's you have to go inside. :'(

On my vacation a few weeks back I was hitting up the banks in the area and they were all closed except the drive through. One Wachovia in particular had $1000 in the vault, which I proceeded to buy via the drive through. Found a solid roll of 68's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread