My Best Rolls yet

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
I did a short road trip to some rural banks that I thought might be good. The trip started out bad......no one had any halves :dontknow:
Finally, at the fifth banks some just dropped off some halves....one roll. The teller said she wanted to count them before she gave them to me :help: Luckily, she was just being nice. She gave me the roll which looked like a bunch of uncirculated. Including the 66 and 67! :headbang:
I finally got to the rural bank in the middle of no where. Tellers says we got $250.00 in the vault, on time lock. Luckily, only a 15 minute wait. While I waited I walked to the other bank in town and got their $7.50 in halves which included a 64.
Back at the first bank, the teller said they had been trying to get rid of these haves for a long time. The rolls were so old, the wrappers looked like they were falling apart. O JOY!!! The first ten rolls were all clad, but the latest date was 1985. Finally!!!!! the eleventh roll, 10 out of 20 were 40% ers. :headbang: Then, more clad. The next to the last roll gave me 18 silver. Then the last roll ALL SILVER.
My first solid roll!!!!!!
Totaled out at 51 40% and 2 90%
My best day ever.

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Gotta love those solid rolls. I'm still waiting to get one. My wife got 2 solid rolls one day. All I get are buttered biscuits.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
You ain't seen nothin yet I once did cold call on Bank and got 40 rolls 20 of which were solid Silver, and one had 19 of 20 in it silver, so they were 1 coin short of 21 SOLID ROLLS; you just wait till tht happens to you!

OP
OP
davew0710

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
obediah said:
You ain't seen nothin yet I once did cold call on Bank and got 40 rolls 20 of which were solid Silver, and one had 19 of 20 in it silver, so they were 1 coin short of 21 SOLID ROLLS; you just wait till tht happens to you!

I'll wait patiently....if you can guarantee it will happen ::)

Happyspider

Oct 22, 2008
Central NC
Detector(s) used
Whites/Minelab
Still waiting on a solid roll. Got close Monday with 17 outta 20.

Buttered biscuits sounds good too, tho. :tongue3:

-happyspider-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread