enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there is really a yes or no answer Andy. It probably depends on what part of the country you are in. I don't order bags, but the banks I dump at let me buy them after they are full (not by me of course). You just have to keep asking around and hopefully you'll get lucky.
HH
Gilbert

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Your best chance (besides the coin counter bags) are to find banks with a central network that is some distance from the nearest federal reserve. I have one such area. The accumulate bags in a central vault from all their branch banks in a district. They'll keep $10,000 on hand to service their customers without having to be resupplied. When they accumulate sufficient quantities, they will then send it off to the fed. From my experience, there might be a stray silver or two, but the bags in the area that I reference are mostly dumps. My dumps.

OP
OP
SMPress

SMPress

Oct 5, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Blue and Gray, XLT, DFX, Spectrum V3, Beachhunter 300
Thanks Guys,

I am in Maryland, just outside of DC. I dont know if DC has a reserve bank, but Richmond does, and both are close enough. I have checked at the Chevy Chase banks that i use for dumping, and none of them sell bags from their machines. I was thinking that there might be a way to order cloth bags or something, but sound like that is not likely. Oh well, on with the boxes. I need to get down my ordering habits, as I waited until last Friday to order more, and they wont be in until a week from today...

Andy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread