The Suspect

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I went to my daughters bank today which is in a supermarket. Just went there to chat when she goes on break. Of course there is a slight possibility that I might as her if there are any halves available too.
She gave me the high sign to wait around for a few minutes. So I'm wasting time looking at the paperbacks,videos,etc. and every so often looking toward the bank to see if she is ready to go on break.
Well the bank was busy today so it was taking a little longer than usual. I noticed one of the store workers looking at me suspiciously. She looked liked the type that spends all her free time watching Lifetime and Dr.Phil. She is making like she is working, but is really watching me.
Then she disappears for a while where I later learn that she called the bank manager and told him that I look like I am going to rob the bank and that I came in with another guy. My daughter is the only one doing the teller work while the manager and other tellers are discussing locking down the bank and calling the cops because of the man in the gray suit. My daughter picks up on the gray suit part and asks what's going on? They tell her, and she tells them "That's my father" He's here to meet me on my lunch break!

Oh the horror ! I can just picture it. 2 muscle bound cops with shaved heads ordering me to the ground. Me telling them "eff off kid". Their too afraid to manhandle someone so they taze my behind and I become victim # 1514 who expires from non lethal force.
:help:

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Or one of the guy shoots you while your cuffed and said he thought his gun was his tazer. I can see it now. LOL. Do you really look that menacing in person. You should grow a mullet then they would really be all over you.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
No I don't think I look menacing at all. More like an old fart with muscles. :laughing7:

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
hey rich you know what they say......there is a fine line between a cop and a criminal and sometimes you can't tell the difference.........i mean with you being a retired cop and all :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
WOW! Thought you would have given me a call about this incident. BTW This is all a part of that new taxpayer funded program called "iwatch" It's not that everyone is a suspect, it's that everyone is a spy. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. It could have been worse though. I can read the headlines now " Father of Banker; 2 Coppers in Coma with a Halves on their Lids"

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
people are so short these days. I was in to get my hair cut the other day when a kid was also (with her mom). I'm pretty good with kids, so I opened an advertisement that I saw earlier in a magazine for the dinosaurs movie and said, "look", and handed it to him. He looked in amazement for a while, but the mom though I was a pedophile. I could see it in here eyes.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
Scoobs,

I don't look menacing do I?

No comment :D :D

Thats a great story Rich. I needed a good laugh this morning. :notworthy:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, scotty, thats scary. I had a similar experience the other day. I use these banks around here that have coin machines. One of them got tired of me filling up their half bags so they just gave me bags and said to fill them up with 1k and bring them in. I assumed that all branches would accept them since another bank had told me the same thing. I showed up with the bag and asked to deposit it. The lady freeked. She started asking me questions about where I go the bag, who told me I could use them, ect. I told her that the other branch had given me the bags and asked me to use them. She says something like "Why would we do that, we cant verify how much is in there" The two tellers go into the back room with their backs turned to me talking, then pick up the phone. I am less than half way a large dump and am getting prepared for the police to step in at any time. No one showed up but I just had that feeling that they were calling someone to come talk to me. They were acting like I had stolen it from somewhere and was trying to cash it in. I tried to be respectful and explain why I had it. When she did come to empty the full bag, she also gave me the ninth degree on why I had so many halfs. I told her that I collect them. Lesson learned there, I wont be taking any bags to any other branches.

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
Rich Hartford said:
Scoobs,

I don't look menacing do I?

No, you don't look menacing at all which has always worked for ya. But I have seen you lay some people out with a right-hook.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry but I missed the whole point of this story? Did they have any halves ???

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
PD,
You might of missed it because I mispelled a word but on line one and two of the original post I mentioned halves.
Didn't get any though

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry, as always, I went for the joke

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
PD,
Believe it or not I missed a baggie with $190.00 in halves that got shipped out on my daughters day off.
The staff have all been instructed that I will gladly get rid of their halves.
Now they all know what I look like too.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch, missed opportunity. Im sure they were someones dump though...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread