My first two boxes...

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
I got a call from the local bank this morning telling me to come by and pick up the halves I ordered last week.

As I drove up and an old man with a shoe box was walking into the bank. As I was talking to the head teller he was cashing his coins at another teller. When he was gone I walked over and watched as the teller counted the coins out. I didn't see them all but what I did see were all silver. When I asked her about them she smiled at me and told me she collected too...

Oh well, 30 seconds quicker and I might have been able to wrangle those coins from the old man by offering him a little over face for them...

My first roll out of my first box yielded a 1946 Booker T Washington Commemorative Half Dollar and I was totally hooked.

A few rolls later I found a 1967 Half.

The next box yielded just one 1968 Half.

So for two boxes (1000 dollars) I found three silver coins containing 0.67 ounces of silver.

I also found 211 1976 Bicentennial Halves but apparently they are not worth anything extra so they will go back into the pile.

When I look at all the posts about these great finds I am a little disappointed but overall it was a very nice way to waste an hour.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread