phrostie strikes back

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Hunting lately around here hasn't been so swell. I've been leery of hitting up banks for rolled coin as it has been mostly dumps. I had to head up to my hometown as a youngster for my new job, and decided while in the area to hit up some banks. Called around, not much luck...$7, 6.50 here, $21 there. One branch said to check the other branches and gave me the numbers. The sister branch had $400...since I had another town to roll through on the way home I decided to buy it knowing I could dump the 'so called' dumps on the way back.

After getting there there were several rolls with the same wrapper ~370. They also had an additional $70 recently turned in. One of the 7 rolls had the same wrapper as the others. As I get to the car to drive away, I take a roll out and dump it. I here the jingle jangle indicative of a silver drop into my hand. I was like, cool, must've been the roll out of the 7. Next one, same wrapper, same result. Nearly every roll with that wrapper had between 2 and 8, a few had zero. Nearly all were 40%. But seriously, what a way to forget about the crappy boxes. And oh yeah, I got 3 boxes, and this time they weren't as near as crappy as before. Found 18 silvers in them too. Here are the totals.

Searched: $2001.50

40%: 126
90%: 4
Bens: 2
Walkers: 2

Out of the 470 I found 113 40%, 2 90%.

Some advice for some of you who have wives that don't approve of your hobby. When you see a trend occurring such as mine, do what I did and leave $300 so when you get home you can include your spouse. I rewrapped the dumps and my wife loved every moment. Also included in the pics is my daughter eating some cereal!

Happy hunting and God Bless.

Attachments

• Zi6_2845.JPG
    Zi6_2845.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Zi6_2842.JPG
    Zi6_2842.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 301
  • Zi6_2824.JPG
    Zi6_2824.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
sounds like you had a great day. things haven't been so great here. having a hard time finding halves to search. perhaps things will turn around soon. anyway :thumbsup:
I had to head up to my hometown as a youngster for my new job
you went back home as a youngster? :icon_scratch: ;D

oh BTW the baby is beautiful....congratulations. how old is she?

OP
OP
phrostie

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
she turned 4 months on the 13th of OCT. It's funny how kids suck up your time! I no longer have to hunt everyday nor do I want to (ok, maybe twice a week) ...I just wanna get home to see that kiddo.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Score! Goes to show, never turn down rolls even if you think they are dumps. I always take any half the bank has and throw it in with the pile to be run through the machine.

I hear you with the kids, I have 2 boys (1 and 3) and they take up a lot of my time.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
cool. my grandaughter turned 4 mos. on Oct. 9th. i know what you mean, i have given up hitting banks before i get home so i can spend more time with her. so, yes, she has cut into my searching time, but i'd rather be with her than finding a box full of silver............okay maybe i'm exaggerating a little but you know what i mean ;D

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
phrostie said:
she turned 4 months on the 13th of OCT. It's funny how kids suck up your time! I no longer have to hunt everyday nor do I want to (ok, maybe twice a week) ...I just wanna get home to see that kiddo.

pfft that will change when she is old enough to hunt with you. nothing gets those tellers to turn loose the coins like a cute 1-3 year old asking for "haf doolars"

Works like a charm.

Potty training was intresting though if your doing a road trip bring a couple of extra changes with you......

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Nice!
Congrats on the score.

The babe and you don't share the nose...
She's much cuter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread