Golden Silver and Silver Slice got a Crew Cut!! OUTSTANDING ROAD TRIP!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yesterday I took my Dad out to show him the road trip side of the hobbie. I am calling him Silver Slice weather he likes it or not. I am trying to get him on this website. LOL. Well if you picked up on the title of this thread you might have guessed that we had a decent day. We had spotty luck at best at most of the banks but one small town bank came through in a big way. Good thing because we were splitting the treasure today. Roll after Roll of almost uncerculated 1964 Kens a Few rolls of 40%ers and 1 lone 1900 Barber Half. Oh did I mention a teller handed over 2 1957 silver certificates and 1963 Red letter note. The amaizing thing is that the teller as she handed over all the silver said you have the old ones because I looked at them yesterday. My brain screamed YES!. My Dad was in Awe as I unrolled them. Also found were 3 silver rosies. Enjoy the pics....I know I do. Good luck to all.

GOLDEN SILVER AND SILVER SLICE

(1) 1900 BARBER
(120) 1964 KENS
(60) 40%ers
(3) rosies
(1) 2006 s clad
2 1957 A, B silver certs
1 Red letter note.

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 535
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 550
  • coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 546
  • coin4.jpg
    coin4.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 554
  • coin3.jpg
    coin3.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 541
  • coin5.jpg
    coin5.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 542
  • coin7.jpg
    coin7.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 554
  • coin6.jpg
    coin6.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 525
Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Congrats on the haircut. One I desperately want.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a Crown Royal bag? I have a few of those, need to start using those on roadtrips.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Haha. Mistergee I think silver slice is a great side kick name don't you...LOL. As for the purple bag it is Crown Royal and it is good luck. I will bring it with me on road trips from now on. The bag not the bottle.

Camo is the secret my friends. We were both wearing it because we went hunting in the morning. Oh the Barber is a partial lib in great shape but has some crud on it that makes it look crappy in the photo. Thanks for the replies guys.

Golden Silver and Silver Slice

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
There's something wrong with that crown royal bag- its empty! Silver like that calls for a celebration.
Congrats, Mark

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey now! that's not fair! taking a rookie along on a roadtrip. You got a bit of his beginners luck I see! You know the rules... send your or shall I say his portion to LJ or expect several boxes of marked Bicentenials in your future.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Oh now you can't take away all my credit Pdiddy. He would not have ever found that stash without my knowhow. LOL as for the hommage to LJ I was going to send it to Pdiddy but since you insist.

Golden Silver

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
The heck with doing boxes, I'm hitting the road again ! WHAT A SCORE!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Excellant pictures too.

HH

Rich

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Hey Rich the Score was in Ohio....So you might want to go right now and see what you find haha. I think it is good that we feed off each other. You got me back into road trips. Funny thing is we did not even get to hit all the banks on the list. We just ran out of time.

Golden Silver and Silver Slice

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
Dang that's a lot of silver! I'm sure you won't be able to top that for a while :hello2:

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
CHEESE. Anything is possible on the road. "There's a white line in the distance where it's going nobody knows. If it's anywhere they'll find it on the road." Who sings this anybody...??

Golden silver

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
How did you score all of the different stuff? Did you just ask for old money or what?

I'm not sure how to go about getting old bills.

I would appreciate any help.

OWS

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
OWS,
It was all luck. I went into this bank that had some halves waiting for me and the teller was super nice and very very happy to get rid of the half dollars. She asked me if I was a collector and I said yes. She asked me if I was interested in old paper money I said sure. She said "I am about to make your day and she pulled out the goods. I mean the bills :wink: She then said oh and here is a silver dime for you. I was like wow thanks. I had never met this woman before but she treated me like gold. It was nice. She gave me her card and said that she would order anything that I wanted. I am thinking of asking her to try and order me large dollars. Maybe she could. As for the great variety of money found this trip it was chance nothing more. Some days you are lucky some not.

Golden Silver

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!! I'm glad to see that your road trip paid off and you got to spend some quality time with your father. I wish I could get my father serious about CRHing.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Yeah it was great going on a trip with my dad. I am trying to get him to go on another here pretty soon so I can get in on his beginners luck. The first few months are key. :laughing7:

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread