Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take the cardboard boxes and paper to the recycling center. I throw the plastic rolls in the trash.

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
I only get crimped rolls, so I just re-roll 'em. But if I'm hunting for copper cents and I have a lot of rolls left over, I just throw 'em away in the garbage can inside my house.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
This has been covered before. It seems to be a recurring topic every few months. For self-preservation, it is wise to be a bit paranoid. We are all involved in a hobby that entails cash (coin). Some on larger scales than others. It would be wise to ensure that there are no traces of the hobby around our personal residences. No one wants to invite harm to ourselves and our loved ones. Everyday in this country, people face tragedy for lesser amounts. That being said, it would also be wise to change up any routine that you might have.

To answer the question, the public trash bins are used. Sometimes it is a gas station, sometimes the grocery store, McDonald's, etc. Spread it out. Don't leave it at one place. In addition, you might want to double bag the trash. Employees at these places are paid minimally and if they decide they need a raise based on the $6000 in coin wrappers, they might end up following someone home.

Stay safe everyone and happy hunting.

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
Wood burner in the basement! I plan on heating the house with wrappers and boxes this winter. :thumbsup:

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
C'mon let's be honest here. The only practical thing to do with the wrappers when you are driving 80mph to the next bank is to toss them out the window. That way no one will notice a big pile of them. I figure with today's economy, I am just helping someone keep his job. Kind of a nice gesture on my part.
Happy Hunting y'all. Jim

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
coolpix9 said:
C'mon let's be honest here. The only practical thing to do with the wrappers when you are driving 80mph to the next bank is to toss them out the window. That way no one will notice a big pile of them. I figure with today's economy, I am just helping someone keep his job. Kind of a nice gesture on my part.
Happy Hunting y'all. Jim

Down in these parts, we have inmate work crews aka chain gangs. At least we get some work out of them while they get their hots and a cot. Might as well, give them something to pick up.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I toss mine in the garbage. I really have better things to worry about like "anybody see my reading glasses?"

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run it through my shredder and put that in myworm box or compost pile and let the worms eat it.

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This topic has been here before, but I'll reply anyways.....

I put the trash in a box and set it ah-fahr on the burn pile in the back yard.

'Course y'all city slickers probably can't build a fire on your balcony or backyard.

Robin

supn9

Oct 21, 2009
Sometimes i like to keep a few roll wrappers and boxes. Its cool for the collection. Also good for sorting out.

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Cold enough now for the nightly fire.
The perfect "kindling": empty $500 half box filled with loose, torn coin wrappers. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread