Gonna do a road trip.

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Went to the bank this morning to make a deposit. While I was their I thought I may as well ask if they had any halves. They had 3. Two clad and a 67.

Since I have Monday off I may go around to all the banks on this side of town to see what I can find. Wendsday I have off and have to go to the other side of town so I think I'll leave early and hit as many banks as I can on that side also.

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
You ever tried hitting up the areas near Indiana? I don't know if many people search there. Good luck on your road trip.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
D

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
golden silver said:
You ever tried hitting up the areas near Indiana? I don't know if many people search there. Good luck on your road trip.

Golden Silver

No I've only hunted local or southern Ohio when I visit family. I may do a road trip to Indiana later this winter since you mentioned it. Would be a good excuse for the wife and I to get outta town for a day.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Yeah why not? I would call ahead to map out your stops and save time. I usually have successful road trips this way.

Golden Silver

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
Daniel964 said:
No I've only hunted local or southern Ohio when I visit family.
I lived 20 minutes south of there in the land of the great pumpkin for 41 years and usually did pretty well there and areas to the east. There certainly are more people hunting there now and the last time I was back every hand roll was marked! Just for reference the best road trip I every had was south down 23 to the river and head west! Good luck!

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting a bit in Indiana. There are hunters there. It's really hit or miss, but most road trips are fun and could pay off. Good luck.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
i road trip thru central and northern ind...its hit or miss,latly a lot more miss due to increased hunters...gl if ya go

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Then in that case you might could try the small towns in West PA. Pa is a pretty big state with lots of little towns.

Golden Silver

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
golden silver said:
Then in that case you might could try the small towns in West PA. Pa is a pretty big state with lots of little towns.

Golden Silver

Lots of competition out here. I've been hitting the small towns and the big towns heavy. More and more, I am getting beat to the banks. Anyone hitting West Virginia? I was down there a few weeks ago and only got 1 roll out of ten bank hunt

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing some work in WV back in September. I had one Saturday to do some hunting, and one partial weekday when I got rained out. On the rain day I hit two banks in Charleston but I didn't have much money, so I had to ration it, first bank had unsearched Brinks rolls, got $200, skunk. Second bank had $1000 in halves. I figured dump, so I bought $100, got 2 x 40%ers.
On the Saturday, I hit all 5 banks in another nearby town, ended up getting 23 x 40%ers. It seemed like I was the only one searching either area.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Kantuckkeean said:
I was doing some work in WV back in September. I had one Saturday to do some hunting, and one partial weekday when I got rained out. On the rain day I hit two banks in Charleston but I didn't have much money, so I had to ration it, first bank had unsearched Brinks rolls, got $200, skunk. Second bank had $1000 in halves. I figured dump, so I bought $100, got 2 x 40%ers.
On the Saturday, I hit all 5 banks in another nearby town, ended up getting 23 x 40%ers. It seemed like I was the only one searching either area.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

The upper part of the state is different. Few, if any halves in Morgantown or Fairmont or the upper pan handle.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure that there are hunters all over. I stayed around eastern Charleston and Summersville, and from tellers' comments, it seemed like it could be a productive area. I with that I could go back and do a road trip through Charleston, Beckley, and Bluefield and all places in between.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
I have hit West Virginia pretty hard. One of my biggest scores this year came from Morgantown. That was back in March. Two barbers with over 200 silver halves. WV has been good but I just think too many people searching. I do like everyone replying "OH no my state has been hit hard....NO SILVER HERE." LOL. I have pissed around the border of Virginia myself.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread