Todays Boxes 10/26/09
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Nov 2008
    2 times

Today's Boxes 10/26/09

Did five boxes today which makes 23 in a week. 1 box was a skunk and I got 9, 40% from the rest. I looked back at my posts just checking my box stats. The good news is that my boxes have remained consistant since I ordered my first one back in Dec. 2008. The bad news is that I'm still averaging 2 + per box. So quantity may be the way to go but not here.
    I got boxes ordered already for this week. After that I'm hitting the road big time to make up for the time wasted.
    2011 Finds
    6x War Nickels
    1x Buffalo Nickel
    1x Mercury Dimes
    66x Roosevelt Dimes
    2x Canadian Dimes
    0x Washington Quarters
    15x WLH
    12x Franklin
    46x 1964 Kennedy
    161 x 40% Kennedy

us
    Jul 2007
    NC
    43 times

Re: Today's Boxes

I have only tried two boxes, ( one then another ), both produced 2 - 40%. A lot of effort for little reward in this area. At least on road trips you have potential and some nice views.

us
    Nov 2008
    2 times

No question that road trips are more productive, but then again I suppose, it makes a big difference in what part of the Country you hunt in.
    I think that where I live there is a lot of CHR activity, and I know that many tellers cherry pick, so very few keepers are going to make it to the boxes.
    I've done 112 boxes over nearly a year and it is rare to get more than a dozen in a box. I have gotten a good number of commemorative coins,and older coins that I would not get loose or rolled.
    I've never gotten a foreign coin out of a half dollar box that I can recall.

HH
    Rich
    2011 Finds
    6x War Nickels
    1x Buffalo Nickel
    1x Mercury Dimes
    66x Roosevelt Dimes
    2x Canadian Dimes
    0x Washington Quarters
    15x WLH
    12x Franklin
    46x 1964 Kennedy
    161 x 40% Kennedy

kz
    Dec 2007
    The Dirty Shire
    Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
    549 times

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Hartford
    No question that road trips are more productive, but then again I suppose, it makes a big difference in what part of the Country you hunt in.
    I think that where I live there is a lot of CHR activity, and I know that many tellers cherry pick, so very few keepers are going to make it to the boxes.
    I've done 112 boxes over nearly a year and it is rare to get more than a dozen in a box. I have gotten a good number of commemorative coins,and older coins that I would not get loose or rolled.
    I've never gotten a foreign coin out of a half dollar box that I can recall.

HH
    Rich
    they def are rich. prime example i stopped at one bank today on the way home from work and got 80.00 in rolls. it produced 8-40%ers and 1 90. and got the same amount as your 5 boxes. Thats why i stopped the boxes. Just to much work and i havent hit a good box (ie over 10 keepers) in over a yr. The only thing i order now is dimes and thats only because i average 1-3 silver per box.
    Good luck on the rd trips next week. im heading out tommorrow.
    let me know if your getting out atb all tommorrow. MAybe we could hit the rd and pull some nice silver.
    keith

us
    Oct 2008

Re: Today's Boxes 10/26/09

Rich, at least you got the box approach out of your system for a while. It is good that you checked just to make sure there wasn't a vein waiting to be tapped. Good luck on the next road trip.

Oct 2007
    Hampton Roads, VA.
    bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
    81 times
    Banner Finds (1)

The road to me is more exciting anyway even if you don't find much. I think you were seeing better returns on your trips for sure. Can't wait to see what you find next.

Golden Silver

us
    Nov 2008
    2 times

Still have boxes coming in Wed. Thurs. and Friday. Probably end up getting 18 more. Have to dump tomorrow but am going to try to hit a few banks as well
    2011 Finds
    6x War Nickels
    1x Buffalo Nickel
    1x Mercury Dimes
    66x Roosevelt Dimes
    2x Canadian Dimes
    0x Washington Quarters
    15x WLH
    12x Franklin
    46x 1964 Kennedy
    161 x 40% Kennedy

us
    Sep 2009
    2 times

Good luck getting back on the road. I've only done four boxes but they have been a big disappointment to me. On the road I can use the phone and the gps and find out who has what and set my day around the banks (usually). I have managed to get at least one really good day each week for nearly two months.

I'm still hoping for the solid rolls of Walkers and Bens like Scubasteve but at least I have a decent example of each at this point.

OWS

Sponsored Links