Todays Boxes 10/26/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Today's Boxes 10/26/09

Did five boxes today which makes 23 in a week. 1 box was a skunk and I got 9, 40% from the rest. I looked back at my posts just checking my box stats. The good news is that my boxes have remained consistant since I ordered my first one back in Dec. 2008. The bad news is that I'm still averaging 2 + per box. So quantity may be the way to go but not here.
I got boxes ordered already for this week. After that I'm hitting the road big time to make up for the time wasted. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
Re: Today's Boxes

I have only tried two boxes, ( one then another ), both produced 2 - 40%. A lot of effort for little reward in this area. At least on road trips you have potential and some nice views.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

No question that road trips are more productive, but then again I suppose, it makes a big difference in what part of the Country you hunt in.
I think that where I live there is a lot of CHR activity, and I know that many tellers cherry pick, so very few keepers are going to make it to the boxes.
I've done 112 boxes over nearly a year and it is rare to get more than a dozen in a box. I have gotten a good number of commemorative coins,and older coins that I would not get loose or rolled.
I've never gotten a foreign coin out of a half dollar box that I can recall.

HH
Rich

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro

Rich Hartford said:
No question that road trips are more productive, but then again I suppose, it makes a big difference in what part of the Country you hunt in.
I think that where I live there is a lot of CHR activity, and I know that many tellers cherry pick, so very few keepers are going to make it to the boxes.
I've done 112 boxes over nearly a year and it is rare to get more than a dozen in a box. I have gotten a good number of commemorative coins,and older coins that I would not get loose or rolled.
I've never gotten a foreign coin out of a half dollar box that I can recall.

HH
Rich

they def are rich. prime example i stopped at one bank today on the way home from work and got 80.00 in rolls. it produced 8-40%ers and 1 90. and got the same amount as your 5 boxes. Thats why i stopped the boxes. Just to much work and i havent hit a good box (ie over 10 keepers) in over a yr. The only thing i order now is dimes and thats only because i average 1-3 silver per box.
Good luck on the rd trips next week. im heading out tommorrow.
let me know if your getting out atb all tommorrow. MAybe we could hit the rd and pull some nice silver.
keith

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Re: Today's Boxes 10/26/09

Rich, at least you got the box approach out of your system for a while. It is good that you checked just to make sure there wasn't a vein waiting to be tapped. Good luck on the next road trip.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

The road to me is more exciting anyway even if you don't find much. I think you were seeing better returns on your trips for sure. Can't wait to see what you find next.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Still have boxes coming in Wed. Thurs. and Friday. Probably end up getting 18 more. Have to dump tomorrow but am going to try to hit a few banks as well

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009

Good luck getting back on the road. I've only done four boxes but they have been a big disappointment to me. On the road I can use the phone and the gps and find out who has what and set my day around the banks (usually). I have managed to get at least one really good day each week for nearly two months.

I'm still hoping for the solid rolls of Walkers and Bens like Scubasteve but at least I have a decent example of each at this point.

OWS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread