Dumba$$ of the week award.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I was making my rounds going from bank to bank and looked up and saw this sign for a bank I didn't recognize. I parked out front,wiped the ketchup off my tummy and went inside. I couldn't believe how ell dressed the employees were. There wasn't a teller in site so I asked some dapper looking dude for help. When I asked about getting halves, he just burst out laughing. I was so embarrassed and I ran out to my car. I am not going to make this mistake again. Cheers, Jim

I have provided a pic of their sign which might help explain.

Attachments

• 180131.jpg
    180131.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
LOL!

That's where I get my suits, great place. Most folks wouldn't have admitted that mistake.

HH!

JasonB

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you'd take first place, but I'd be runner-up. I was CRHing about a month ago and I walked into a bank. It even said that it was a bank on the signs and building, but when I got inside, it didn't look like any other bank I'd ever seen. I walked up to the only teller, who I thought was a secretary, and had to ask if it was a bank. I guess that I'm glad that she didn't have halves.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
I saw a drive in teller on side of Bank so went in- it was the Electric Company.Was soooo embarrased.
It was a Bank at one time though.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are Wells Fargos out here with signs and everything that are not banks. Only went inside one till I learned to read the entire sign.
wells%20fargo%20financial%20logo.jpg

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost walked into a funeral home that looked like an old bank. Glad I didn't ask to make a deposit or withdrawel!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some up-pity banks around here that when you walk in they look nothing like a bank. Tellers are sitting behind desks and stand up podiums.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of small old banks in those little towns went banckrupy last few years. The names are still there but inside it's a bookstore or art store, etc. Made lots of futile stops on road trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread