Kids and Road Trips....

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
:o Well the baby sitter is sick so it's me and the little guy tomorrow. Were gonna try to find some silver either way, whether it is going through my weekly boxes or on a grueling all day road trip. Being almost 2 I'm not sure how well he will fair riding in the car seat all day. However I'm sure we can work as a team to find the silver with my driving skills and his good looks. Watching Golden Silver take out his dad has me trying new techniques. ;D

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
nyiangelo said:
:o Well the baby sitter is sick so it's me and the little guy tomorrow. Were gonna try to find some silver either way, whether it is going through my weekly boxes or on a grueling all day road trip. Being almost 2 I'm not sure how well he will fair riding in the car seat all day. However I'm sure we can work as a team to find the silver with my driving skills and his good looks. Watching Golden Silver take out his dad has me trying new techniques. ;D

Puppies [small doggie(s)] work best. ;D

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Through the course of my travels I have run into banks with tellers that just didn't want to deal with me. Its part of the business and I understand that. However when I bring my 2yr old daughter into those banks with me I get nothing but smiles and sunshine from those tellers. I don't think I am getting any extra silver out of it but the people are alot easier to deal with.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I have trained my 2 year old sun to blow kisses at all the tellers on command. It works wonders. He is my secret weapon. However and all day road trip with him? Hmmmm.... You are a brave man. LOL. Her is a pic of my two year old Dylan. You may see why he can mealt the ladies into giving up the goods. :wink:

Golden Silver

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 215

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
I have been road tripping with my daughter since she was 2 and had no problems. In fact I think it helped.

Only set back was when we were starting to potty train her and well, she was sitting doing her business but since it was all new to her she wanted to look. There were two people with soaked clothing 2 hours from home. That was fun.... And it was a bank bathroom.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried the kids angle. I do agree tellers are much more approachable but putting the kids in and out of the car gets very tiresome. If I do bring my son along, I only go to two or three banks and thats it.

OP
OP
nyiangelo

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Well 500 miles later :o . Yeah that's Texas for you. Pulled 27 40%. Not exactly worth my time or gas. But as I like to think about it.... one day it will when the price is right. I enjoyed the time with my son. Hopefully, like I did,he drives me around looking for silver one day when I'm in diapers. ;D

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I take the kids when we have time to go out Sat. mornings. The sugar high from all the lollipops makes me kinda crazy though.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
GS,
A good looking father and son is cheating. I know my son ScoobaSteve brings one or two of his boys with him when he hunts. Probably has them specially trained too. I asked him If I could borrow one of his kids, afterall he has 5. The cheapskate told me I'd have to give him a cut of the silver. Wouldn't even give me a Grandfather discount.
My eldest daughter's little girl (the one pictured with me) is a coin collector at age 4. She's very smart. I gave her a gold Kennedy yesterday and she said that it looked plated. I brought her to a coin/jewelry store and she starts a conversation with the owner about her buffalo nickels. He ended up giving her a free Indian Head. Oh at the jewlery store she asked me to get her some Maple leafs and the whole display case of rings.
"But Papa I've been very good and I am a serious collector". Yes with very expensive tastes.

HH

Rich

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Rich, Don't hate appreciate! LOL. You should take scooba with you just have him dress like a six year old and walk on his knees. Ofcourse the facial hair may give up the gig. Your granddaughter is a doll. She will be a monster coin roll hunter one of these days. I laughed at your story of the gold plated half. She is quick you might have to spring for gold eagle. Good luck with the Scooba plan.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions